First Sight

"Bella! Oh my gosh, I can't believe you are finally here!" My friend Sam said hugging me.
"Sam, why are you so surprised? I told you I was coming, didn't I?" I said, rolling my eyes and hugging her. It's been six years since our last meeting, after that I never travelled. But today, I was finally here, in her town to live with her. I have been studying to become a doctor, a cardiologist to be specific. But then in my own hometown, I got involved with a bad guy and once we broke up, I thought that I needed to start from scratch. So here I was, trying to begin a new life, but who knew what lay in wait for me!

Once we reached her house, I started unpacking my items. I then heard her scream my name so I went downstairs and found her writing something on a piece of paper.
"Oh, hey Bell, I just need you to run down to the grocery store opposite our lane, cause I need some stuff. I would go myself, but I must prepare for an exam I have tomorrow." Sam said, shoving some dollars and the list in my hand.
"Sure, Sam, use me till the fullest." I mumbled, grabbing my jacket off the kitchen counter. As I left the house I took a good look of the street, she lived on. It was pretty beautiful and had quite a few children playing around. As Sam had said right opposite our house was a grocery store. I quickly crossed the street and entered the shop. As soon as I entered I set to finding the items on the list. Once, I was done I set my basket on the counter. Once I was done paying I got ready to leave, bags in one hand and wallet in the other, when someone bumped into me.
"Hey, watch where you're going!" Said the fellow who bumped into me.
"Excuse me, I am not the one who shoved himself against somebody who was simply standing!" I replied back. That caught the guy's attention and he turned around.
"Don't speak to me like that!" He spat coming closer to me. My reflex reaction was to move back, but he caught hold of my arm. "You must be new, right?" He asked me and I simply nodded. "Of course, cause no one here would ever dare to speak to me like that!" He told me, leaving my hand.
"Harry! Let's go, time is money!" Someone shouted from outside the shop.
"Watch yourself!" The guy said, before shoving me again and leaving. Wow, what an experience on your first day in a new town.
****