Old memories

"Sam, what'd you mean?" I said, shocked that gangs even belong in such small towns.
"Belle, shut up! Don't speak about them so loudly, they might hear us." She said, glancing towards their table, and then as if on cue, Liam beckoned to Sam. Sam immediately got up from the stool and walked towards their table. Liam then patted on his lap and Sam sat down, suddenly his hands started moving up towards Sam's thigh. That was it for me, no one could treat my friend like that or any other woman and get away with it. I walked over towards their table and said pretty loudly, "Liam,get your hands off of her and let her go!"
"Belle, chill it's fine!" Sam said hastily, telling me with her eyes to leave.
"No, it's not! These guys here can't get away with treating girls or anybody like this," I said pointing towards his hand on her thigh. Then as I was about to pull her up, someone knocked me against a wall.
"Babe, you have such a loudmouth." Harry said, grinding his waist against me. It hurt a lot, however, I stood my ground.
"Harry, get off me!" I shouted, kicking him in the balls.
"Shit!" Harry shouted, letting me go and crouching on the ground.
"Belle run!" Sam shouted, and then I ran. I ran as fast as I could, and as if on cue I heard footsteps behind me.
"Stop her!" Somebody yelled, with an Irish accent.
"Let her go, the bitch can run but can't hide from me!" Harry's deep voice boomed, instantly cutting off the sound of footsteps.
An hour or so later, Sam returned home. As soon as I heard her room door close I got out of my own bed where I was sitting scared to death and went to her room. As soon I entered the room, the first thing I saw was Sam's swollen face. Her eyes were blue and black and the rest of her face was brown and swollen.
"Oh my gosh, Sam what the happened to you?" I asked her, sitting next to her and rubbing her face slightly. She winced as my thumb came in contact with her eye.
"After I told you to run, Liam took me home and beat the shit out of me." Sam said, rubbing a tear which had managed to escape from her eyes. "Belle, I am telling you to stay out of Harry's way, you're already going to be in a lot of trouble."
"Sam, how the hell do you know those guys and why haven't you contacted the police yet?" I asked her, shocked that my friend, my strong friend would take some shit from an abusive and ruthless boy.
"I didn't choose this okay!" Sam shouted rubbing her tears away as they made their way down her eyes. "One day, I was coming back from school and I bumped into Liam. He immediately took interest me, and of course me being me I fell for him. A few weeks later I found out who he really was, a gangster. A gangster working in Harry's gang. I was shocked and tried to end our relationship and that's when I realized what they all truly were capable of. Trust me, Belle, you never want to see their bad side. Later on, I learnt that Liam just toys around with girls, he is like a fuck-boy. So stay away from them." Sam said, now sobbing uncontrollably.
"Shhh....Sam it's fine I am here, I won't let anything happen to you or myself." I said pushing Sam onto the bed and then pulling the covers on her and myself. The rest if the night was spent by me comforting Sam whenever she broke down and then us falling asleep.