Chapter 11

A day without love is a day without life…  - George Van Valkenburg -

They were already late for about half an hour when they reached the site… Before David took Alexa to the site of the pristine waterfalls where they will shoot the video, he thought it best to show her some of the park’s beautiful sites it was famous for like the volcanic craters, picturesque lakes and the steaming hot springs…  Well-maintained walkways and trails lead to the park's main scenic spots, and offer ideal hiking for a couple of hours or a full day…  Major scenic spots in the park have picnic and recreation areas…

Yang Ming Park is located in the north of Beitou…  Yang Ming Shan was called Tsaoshan (Grass Mountain) during Japanese occupation of Taiwan because it was covered with grass and seldom visited…  After World War II, the government at that time renamed the mountain Yang Ming Shan and built a park there…  Yang Ming Park is the only park in Taiwan that has volcanic geography and hot springs…  It is next to Sha Mao Shan and Chi Hsing Shan with Ta Tun Shan on the right and Kuan Yin Shan in front…  The magnificent mountainous scenery and comfortable weather have made Yang Ming Park a perfect summer resort…  Total area of the park is 125 hectares, designed in traditional Chinese style…  The natural beauty of the part has won it the reputation as urban forest and the Taipei garden…

The park is characterized by a large clock made of flowers with a diameter of 22 feet…  Water runsaround the flower clock and music is played every hour…  The clock is the characteristic of Yang Ming Park…  Opposite the clock is a statute of late president Chiang Kai Shek; on both sides of the statue are the cypresses planted by president Chiang himself…  The Hsin Hai Kuang Fu Lo was completed in 1971, right in the center of the park…  In addition, there is a statue of Wang Yang Ming, the famous Chinese scholar in the 17th century…

Pressed for time, David promised Alexa to bring her back when they would not be busy…  Alexa loved what she had seen so far that she temporarily forgot the reason for her sadness earlier…

Alexa :  Thank you so much for what you did for me today…

David :  Are you still sorry that you told me what was bothering you?

Alexa shook her head…  Although there was still sadness in her eyes, her mood has lightened…  Crissy was relieved when she saw them coming…

Crissy :  Where have you been?  We were so worried about you…  You left very early but still came in late at the shoot…  How are you feeling?  I thought something might have gone wrong after I called you…

Alexa :  Don’t worry about it Crissy…  This is the first time I messed up with my time and I have a good reason for it…  I will tell you what happened later…  (She looked at David who was smiling at her…)

The first time she saw a serene look reflected on his face, devoid of pretensions or anger…  The first time she noticed his good looks and amiable personality…

Their sudden closeness did not escape the suspecting Crissy…

David went straight to where James and Val were waiting with knitted brows and puckered lips ready to pounce on him for keeping Alexa…  But to their surprise, he walked towards them both his hands held up and with a ready justification for the delay…

David :  Sorry…  It’s my fault…  I thought it would be nice to show her the beauty of the surroundings…  We may not have the chance to do so afterwards…  I toured her around and we lost track of the time…

James and Val could only look at each other with brows raised this time at his immediate admittance to his offense…  After they were given their instructions, the camera started rolling and the music started playing to set up the mood…