Bad Day

Requested by @Hailey269636 (A/N: you are 15 and Hailee's daughter)

3rd Person POV:

Hailee hummed to herself as she finished the small sink full of dishes. She sipped a little of the iced tea that she had made herself earlier. She was waiting for her daughter to return home from school.

"Hey, sweetie!" Hailee called out cheerfully when young Y/N Steinfeld walked inside after a long day at school. Hailee furrowed her brows when her daughter walked right past her without a single word, nor glance her way.

Hailee decided to walk up to Y/N's bedroom, knocking on the door gently, but she soon realized Y/N wouldn't hear it since she was blasting Linkin Park the loudest she could. RIP our neighbors She thought to herself before lightly turning the knob and pushing the door open.

Y/N laid face flat into her bed, her limbs spread out as groans of frustration and sadness left her every now and then. Hailee took a seat on the edge of the bed, her hand rubbing up and down her daughter's back as she switched the music to pause.

"Y/N/N, sweetie, what happened? Are you okay?" She asked softly yet in a motherly tone as well.

"I had the worst day at school today." Y/N's voice breaking muffle shattered Hailee's heart. The young girl sat up and curled herself into a ball. "None of my friends were here today so I had to eat alone at lunch, we got a surprise test in history and I'm pretty sure I flunked it, and-and..." Y/N let out a choked sob which made Hailee immediately wrap her daughter up in a tight, comforting hug.

"Shh, it's okay, honey." Hailee stroked her back as Y/N placed her head in her mother's chest, bawling her eyes out, but relaxing at the comforting touch of her mother. "Look at me, little one." She cupped her daughter's face and forced her to look at her. "I'm sorry you're friends weren't here, but I am so sure that you didn't fail that history test. And no matter what grade you got on it, I'm proud of you no matter what. I know you tried and to me, that's all that matters. It's all going to be okay, love, it was one bad day. Imagine all the good days you'll have after this."

Hailee's words brought more comfort to Y/N than anything else. "Thanks, mom. You're the best." The young girl smiled up at her mom as she wiped her dry tears on the sleeve of her hoodie.

"Anytime, sweetie. It's my job." Hailee smiled warmly down at Y/N as she ran her hand through her hair. "Now... what do you say to us going to get some ice cream and pizza?"

"Yes!" Y/N cheered and was the first to rush out of bed, leaving her mother behind as a giggling mess.

—————
A/N:
Thank you so much for 340k reads <3