Daughter

Y/N's POV:

One thing about me most people wouldn't know, was that I got pregnant at the age of 16 in high school from my idiotic ex boyfriend who ended up leaving me when he found out. I cried for days in end, thinking of ways to manage everything. When I was 17, when I met the love of my life, Hailee. We've been dating for a year now, I'm 18 and she's 19. Out of that whole year, Hailee has never met my  daughter, Maya. I named her after my mom who passed away 5 years ago. Maya is now 2 years old and I've kept her hidden from everyone. Of course I've told Hailee about her but I need to know that I could trust Hailee, and now that I trust her more than anyone else in this world, I arranged a day for her to meet her.

That days today.

-

I was home doing the dishes while Maya sat in her jumper watching her favorite tv show. My dad was out getting groceries, so I was by myself. I had finished all my work too, after all, I'm a senior in high school now.

I hear the doorbell ring as soon as I finish the dishes. I dry my hands, and walk over to the door, opening it to reveal my beautiful girlfriend.

"Hey, babe." She kisses my cheeks, I take her hand leading her inside, closing the door behind me.

"Hi." I smile at her, leaning up to kiss her gently on the lips. "Follow me."

I lead her to the living room where Maya was, her pacifier in her mouth as she smiled watching the show. I step in front of her, an even bigger smile taking place when she sees me.

"Mama." She babbles out. Hailee sits down in the chair watching us, I can tell she's nervous so I take her hand and lay a kiss on it, reassuring her.

"Hi, baby." I coo to Maya. "Mama wants you to meet someone really special to her." Maya pulled her pacifier out, dropping it to her side as she tried getting out of the jumper. I helped pick her up out of the jumper, placing her on her feet. "Mamas, meet Hailee."

I use my baby voice to point over to Hailee, Maya's face lighting up as soon as she saw her. Walking over to Hailee, Maya climbed up slowly into her lap. Hailee was shocked at first, it I could tell she relaxed soon after, grabbing Maya to adjust her on her lap.

"Mommy." Maya squealed out, making me and Hailee freeze in our places. I talked about Hailee a lot, I didn't actually think she'd listen to me.

"Hi." Hailee spoke softly after recovering. She allowed Maya to cuddle her head into her hoodie, her tiny hands wrapped around Hailee's. I couldn't help but tear up a bit at the sight.

"You like my hoodie?" Hailee cooed gently. Her brown eyes filled with nothing but love and care. Maya responded by burying her face more in the hoodie, she was now curled up into Hailee's lap.

"Makes two of us." I managed to sniffle out. Hailee chuckled slightly, her smile never leaving her face. I noticed Maya smiling as she slowly dozed off to sleep.

Hailee carefully wrapped my daughter in the sleeves of her hoodie, gently rocking her back and forth. I smile as tears dropped from my eyes, Maya usually hates everyone but me and dad. I'm surprised she likes Hailee, but I'm glad at the same time. Makes everything better.

"Come 'ere my love." Hailee said, smiling softly when she noticed the state I was in. I stood up from the ground walking over, she pulled me down for a slow kiss filled with so much love. When we pulled apart, she used her free hand to wipe the tears from under my eyes with her thumb. Her hand caressed my cheek, staring into my Y/E/C eyes.

"I love you." I choked out, my voice breaking slightly as I pulled Hailee in for another kiss, resting my  head on her shoulder after. I kissed Maya's forehead watching her chest move up and down slowly. The sight was so perfect in so many ways.

-

"Mamas, we don't hit, remember?" I raised an eyebrow at Maya who hit my dad in the face. I knew it was an accident but I wanted her to own up to her actions. Instead of talking, she leaned up to kiss his cheek. We all awed, as I watched dad pick her up and blow raspberries on her stomach.

"I'm so glad she took a liking to you so quickly Hailee." Dad started and put Maya down, who was quick to crawl into my lap hugging me. "The douchebag left my daughter when she needed him and I can't imagine what it would be like if he was here. But I'm so glad that it's you, because you are what Y/N/N needs in her life and I couldn't be happier to see her to happy."

"Something what's-his-name could never do." I added attacking Maya with kisses all over her face. Hailee wrapped her arm around my shoulders, kissing the side of my temple before speaking.

"You never have to worry about me leaving. I'm always gonna be here, and if it's okay with you, I'd like to actually do something." She stands up to whisper something in dads ear, to which he nodded with a smile and a handshake. I see Hailee walk off to another room which made me confused.

Hailee finally comes back into the room a minute or two later, she looks nervous? Why?

"Y/N..." she gently pulled me off the floor with Maya in my arms. We're both standing now in the middle of my living room, dad watching us both with a smile. What the hell is going on? "Since I met you, I've never been more happier in my life. You have made my dark days shine brightly just by seeing you, the little things you do that make me fall in love with you more and more everyday. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, I wanna help raise Maya with you, I wanna be apart of her life. So... Y/N, will you marry me?" By the end of her sentence, she was already in one knee, holding a beautiful ring that shined as bright as her eyes right now. Tears formed in my eyes as I continued holding Maya in my arms.

"Yes! A million times yes!" I exclaim as she slid the ring on my finger, standing up to pull me into a passionate kiss. "I love you." I whisper onto her lips, smiling so big right now.

"I love you more... fiancé." Hailee giggles brightly at the new term that made my heart flutter.

"Congrats you two!" My dad exclaims standing up to hug us both.

"Maya, this is mommy. Mommy this is Maya. Your daughter." I say as Maya smiles at Hailee who had tears in her eyes. Maya made grabby hands over to Hailee, who happily took her. I'm so glad to have someone life Hailee in my life now and I can't wait for Maya to grow up loving Hailee as much as I do.