Thunder

(A/N: you and Hailee are 16)
Warning: homophobia, and yelling

Y/N's POV:

I was walking home in the rain, tears streaming down my face as I try to use my flannel as a way to block myself from the rain. I was alone, cold, and in tears. I was walking home from my girlfriends house, and let's just say, being there didn't go to well.

Hailee and I were cuddled up in her bedroom together, her arms around my shoulders as I laid on her chest, listening to calming sound of her heartbeat.

"I love you." I hear Hailee whisper to me, looking up at her to her looking down at me lovingly.

"I love you more." I smile and lean up to share a sweet kiss with her. Just then, her bedroom door is thrown open, we quickly sit up to see Griffin, her older brother, standing there with a smug smirk on his face.

"Wait till mom and dad find out you're a dyke." He taunted and Hailee's eyes went wide with anger hit a slight show of fear as she rushed out of bed, chasing after the boy who laughed maniacally. I throw on my shoes and jacket before rushing after them.

"Hailee, Griffin? What's going on?" I hear her mom, Cheri, ask. I peak my head out from behind the wall and see Hailee fuming at the smug look in Griffin's face.

"Oh you didn't know?" The boy taunted again, his tone scaring me for Hailee.

"Griff-"

"Your dear daughter, Hailee, is a dyke." Griffin finished and Pete and Cheri stood up so fast.

"What?" Pete asked angrily.

"Yes! Fine, I like girls! There's nothing wrong with it!" Hailee confessed, yelling in their faces as she threw her hands up. Pete was about to say something but Hailee beat him to it. "And no, I'm not going to change because you think it's wrong or that it's a sin! Because it's not dad. And I wish you would just let me be happy!" My girlfriend soon turns to see me standing behind the wall, holding her hand out for me to take, which I hesitantly do. "Yes, we are dating." Hailee said a bit more calmly.

I could practically see the steam coming out of her dad's ears.

"You can't date her!" He shouted and Cheri stood there with her arms crossed. Griffin still smirking.

"I don't care-" Hailee was cut off by Pete.

"Get out!" He yelled at me, and I didn't want to be caught up in this so Hailee gave me an apologetic look, walking me outside. But I was able to stay right when she said this.

"And you know what, Griffin? I'm tired of you ruining everything. I happy for once, the happiest I've ever been, and you couldn't let me have this." A look of guilt and regret overtook Griffin's eyes. "So fuck you." She kissed my head and stroked my cheek. "I'll call you later." She whispered and shut the door hesitantly.

So yeah, now I'm just now getting home and since my parents are out of town, I have the house to myself. I walk in and shower, throwing my wet clothes in the tub and crawling into bed.

Suddenly the sound of thunder jolted me awake before I had the chance to sleep. Thunder always terrified me, so I huddled close with my blanket tightly secured around me, holding the bear Hailee bought for me.

I hear a small knock on my window, looking over to see my girlfriend soaked. I rush to open it, helping her inside. "Hailee..." I didn't care how wet she was, I just hugged her so tightly as she did too, kissing the top of my head. I looked up at the taller girl. "What are you doing here?"

"You said you were scared of thunder." She whispered, her voice hoarse, and filled with exhaustion but love at the same time. My heart fluttered uncontrollably at her answer.

"I love you so much." I whisper and she kisses me softly. I soon give her fresh, dry clothes and we cuddle in bed, the thunder going away as she held me tightly to her body.

"I don't care what my family says, I'm always going to be with you." Hailee whispered and kissed my cheek as I looked up at her with a small smile.

"I love you. You need sleep." She nodded reluctantly, slowly closing her eyes as she muttered an 'I love you' before she knocked out. I admired my girlfriend, smiling at the sound of her smooth breathing before I tucked my head in her neck, falling asleep myself.

—————
A/N:

How you guys got my new book to 1k views already? I don't know but I'm so grateful. Thank you 🫶🏻