Kid

(A/N: all platonic)
Warning: eating disorder

3rd Persons POV:

Y/N sighed, staring at the plate of lasagna with hesitant eyes. She bit the inside of her cheek as she fiddled with her hands under the table. Wanda sighed, closing her eyes for a brief moment as she shook her head.

"I can't do this anymore." She muttered, Kate watching with pitiful eyes as Tony nodded in agreement with Thor. "Why can't you just eat?"

"I-i don't know..." Y/N shrugged her shoulders lightly as tears stung her eyes, holding them back as Wanda threw the fork down on her plate in frustration, walking away with the others. In that moment, the young avenger wanted to cry so bad when she felt a hand on her shoulder, making her look up to see her favorite person looking at her.

"You okay, bubs?" Kate asked gently, taking a seat next to the 15 year old with a worried and soft gaze.

"Y-yeah."

Kate hooked her fingers under Y/N's chin, making her look up at her as she offered her a small smile. "You know I'm proud of you right?" She whispered and Y/N could feel the tears swelling back up in her eyes. "You're trying and that's all that matters. Don't worry about the others, you do this at your own pace, okay?" Kate kissed her forehead, wiping the single year that fell as she hugged the young girl like a mother and daughter. "Hey. Can't you try eating just a little bit for me?" She asked softly, pulling away to look into Y/E/C eyes with so much warmth and comfort radiating off her.

"Okay." Y/N nodded slowly, picking up the fork with shaky hands as Kate wrapped an arm around her shoulders, rubbing her arm to comfort her. The young girl relaxed and raised a small bite of lasagna to her mouth, taking a slow bite. She chewed slowly before swallowing, the food dropping to her stomach as she felt guilt for eating. But at the same time it tasted so good, oh how she missed her favorite meal that Wanda cooked. She hesitantly took another bite as the archer smiled proudly, kissing her forehead in a motherly manner as she stood up to her the young girl a glass of water.

It took Y/N almost an hour to finish her food but she did it and Kate couldn't have been more prouder. She watched as Y/N took small sips of the water, pushing away the now empty plate. "How you feel, hon?"

"I'm okay." She answered honestly, which was true. Y/N felt a little more free then she did last time, she still felt guilty and it might take time to eat more food consistently over time but she'll manage, especially with the help of her favorite person.

"Good. I'm so so so proud of you, kid." Kate praised and Y/N smiled genuinely for the first time in months as the archer kissed her forehead, taking the empty plate and washing it. The duo soon left the kitchen in total, both filled with pride as they headed to Kate's room to play Mario Kart together.

------
A/N:

A cute little kid Y/N x Kate story.

I love it and it's very comforting. I hope you guys find comfort in this as well, or that it's at least helpful to you.