Song for you

(I thought this would be cute so make sure to play Home by Philip Philips)

Hailee's POV:

I excitedly finished the recording process and I can't wait to sing it to my girlfriend. My label allowed me to sing it to her first before releasing which makes me happy because it's specifically for her.

It's called Home and now I feel like I'm racing home to go sing it for her but I have to stop by the store and surprise her with dinner before she gets home.

I got home before Y/N and made her favorite dinner, pizza. I poured some wine and set the table up just in time when I hear the door open.

"Babe?! I'm home!" She yelled and I walked out, leaning against the doorframe taking in her body. She looked tired but happy to be home. She looked at me with a tired smile.

"Hi baby." I smile at her and invite her in my arms which she happily does. "How was work? The kids behave?"

"Mostly but, of course, 7th period is always the most difficult and now I have a bunch of quizzes to grade." She sighed. "Do I smell pizza?"

"Yes you do." I giggle leading her inside the kitchen. "Sit." To which she obeys with a shocked look at the meal in front of her.

"You made this?"

"Of course! I have a surprise for you and you deserve it!"

"Thank you baby." She smiled and sipped some of her wine. I sat across from her as we talked about our day.

-

"What's this surprise you have for me?" Y/N asked me as I finish the dishes.

"Give me one sec. Sit in the couch for me love." I say grabbing my guitar and see her sitting down so I sit across from her.

"What's this?" She asked with a smile.

"A song. I wrote it for you. I asked my label to let me sing it to you first before releasing it." I chuckle and she smiled widely.

"Go ahead." She whispered allowing me to play it.

I take a deep breath before strumming softly. "Hold on to me as we go. As we roll down this unfamiliar road. And although this wave (wave) is stringing us along, just know you're not alone. Cause I'm gonna make this place your home."

"Settle down, it'll all be clear. Don't pay no mind to the demons, they fill you with fear. The trouble, it might drag you down. If you get lost, you can always be found." I sang softly looking up to meet her teary eyes. "Just know your not alone. Cause I'm gonna make this place your home."

"Ooh-ooh-ooh, Ooh-ooh-ooh, Ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh. Ah, ah-ah,ah. Ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-ah. Ah, ah-ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-ah. Ah, ah-ah-ah-ah."

"Settle down, it'll all be clear. Don't pay no mind to the demons, they fill you with fear. The trouble, it might drag you down. If you get lost, you can always be found. Just know your not alone, cause I'm gonna make this place your home."

I continued singing, my smile so wide as Y/N watches with teary eyes and a soft smile. "Ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh. Ah, ah-ah-ah-ah. Ah, ah-ah-ah. Ah, ah-ah-ah. Ah, ah-ah-ah, Ah, ah-ah-ah-ah. Ah, ah-ah-ah."

I finish and set my guitar down. Just as it hits the floor, I feel myself being tackled into the biggest hug of my life. I smile and wrap my hands around my girl.

"Thank you..." She whispered in my chest.

"Your so welcome. I love you." I whisper back and she looks up.

"I love you more." We lean in to capture our lips in a soft, slow kiss.

This is perfection.

Home.