Wargames

Riekhan's energy being as low as it was, along with his injuries made it difficult for the half-Saiyan to even fly at a snail's pace. He had no choice but to land and walk the rest of the way. But with every step he took, pain radiated through his body starting from his tail. He fell to his hands and knees and tried to rest some more, but if he spent more time away from the war taking place, who knows the consequences that could bring for his side?

Riekhan punched the ground in frustration at his current helplessness, and it showed when he made a small, barely noticeable crack in the ground. It also was proof positive when his fist was a bit bloody. He looked back at his tail and thought, 'Somehow this thing causes far more problems for me than anything else ever has.'

Regardless of what he was feeling right now, Riekhan had to make it to the battlefield. Little did he know, however, that someone else was nearby. It was someone who knew Riekhan well, and with him weakened like this, they knew it was their chance. They approached the half-Saiyan from behind and didn't hide their presence with their footsteps on the ground.

"Riekhan!" A voice called out to the half-Saiyan who immediately recognized that voice.

"Mileena?" Riekhan asked as he turned to face her, not expecting to see her out here.

"What happened to you?" Mileena asked as if she had a pang of concern for her brother's well-being.

It was all to his dismissal as he replied, "It's none of your concern, Mileena. As if you'd even give a damn."

"Riekhan, I-." Mileena tried to say until the half-Saiyan managed to get back to his feet after resting and interrupted, "Leave me alone, Mileena. I don't have time to fight you AGAIN."

Riekhan started to walk away from his sister who kept calling his name in an attempt to stop him. "Riekhan, wait!"

Riekhan didn't stop and Mileena continued to plead with him, "Please, Riekhan, I-...." She paused before blurting out two words Riekhan never expected to hear out of Mileena's mouth, "...I'm Sorry!"

Riekhan stopped in his tracks and turned to look back at Mileena as he was a bit shocked to hear that. "I'm sorry, Riekhan...for everything I've done to you." She admitted as he saw the look in her eyes and saw something he had never seen in her before....remorse.

"How deep in hot water do you have to be to actually apologize?" He asked as she was a bit shaken up and explained, "You were right, brother...about everything. F-father, he..."

"Betrayed you, didn't he?" Riekhan finished as he could tell what had taken place, to which Mileena nodded.

"My attempts at Outworld's throne, the deaths of his most powerful allies, even my inability to aid him in his battle against you. H-he blames me...for everything that went awry." Mileena said somberly as the heartbreak of her father turning on her weighed heavily.

"Of course he blamed you." Riekhan replied while rolling his eyes as he added, "He is incapable of taking any responsibility for his failures."

"Brother, please. You must help me!" Mileena pleaded as she remembered Riekhan's words from their previous encounters and said, "I know you said you want nothing to do with me-."

"And I stand by those words." Riekhan interrupted as Mileena was taken aback by this.

"Brother, I-I understand I've hurt you, but, I've learned the error of my ways." Mileena said, trying to plead her case to Riekhan.

"Have you really, Mileena?" Riekhan asked scrutinizingly as he explained, "Let's think about everything it took to get here. Witnessing my death at his hands, being given warning after warning by both Kitana and myself, you ignored all of that. You were stubborn to a fault, and your blind loyalty stopped you from seeing any signs that Shao Kahn was always a tyrant first, and a father last! But it was clear you would never see that...until it was too late."