Royal Rumble

The Coliseum was turned into an all-out brawl. Shokan warriors and Outworld soldiers were locked into battle, while Shao Kahn's best fighters faced off against Riekhan's allies.

Jade once again faced off against Reiko. General Kona and Sheeva battled against Kintaro and Goro. Liu Kang fought Reptile. Kung Lao went toe to toe with Baraka. And Ermac went up against Motaro. But in the middle of it all, was a fight between royal families.

Kitana and Mileena were in another intense battle, much like their previous encounters. Both Dark Sindel and Good Sindel were evenly matched as the both of them clashed their Kwan Do's together, wrestling for dominance. As for Shao Kahn, he ran towards Riekhan with his war hammer in tow, and the half Saiyan who used to call the emperor his father, was prepared to finally have his showdown with him.

^*Battle ost*

Riekhan jumped toward the emperor and met him halfway, but as a testament to both powers, they clashed and pushed each other back. Shao Kahn was the first to recover and attacked with a shoulder charge that knocked the half-Saiyan back. Just as Riekhan recovered, Shao Kahn followed up with a punch across the side of the half-Saiyan's cheek and booted him in the chest to knock him back.

"Hah! Is this the best you have to offer, Riekhan?! You're already proving that you were never worthy of being my son!" Shao Kahn claimed as the half-Saiyan's performance against him wasn't living up to his standards.

Riekhan dusted himself off with a confident smirk as he answered, "Believe me, it's nowhere near close to what I'm capable of..."

With that, he shot off toward Shao Kahn and laced into his jaw with an elbow strike before uppercutting him up the chin. He then jumped up and kicked Shao Kahn in the side of the head and knocked him away. The emperor caught himself and landed back on the ground with annoyance written on his face. The half-Saiyan stood with his arms crossed and had the same smirk on his face as he gave his father a taste of his own medicine and mockingly asked, "Come on! Is this all the 'emperor' of Outworld has to offer?!"

Shao Kahn put his hand up as it brimmed with soul magic and he replied, "Your arrogance is misplaced, boy. Allow me to show you!"

He then created a lance out of his soul energy and tossed it toward Riekhan. The half-Saiyan smacked the lance away, right into the heart of an Outworld soldier. Shao Kahn didn't care though, he continued to toss lances toward Riekhan, but the half-Saiyan changed up his strategy. Instead of batting lances away, he began to shoot them with ki blasts.

Shao Kahn had a change of strategy as well. He created a lance and tossed it toward a Shokan warrior fighting for Queen Sheeva. Riekhan was confused about why the emperor would do that, but once Shao Kahn tossed another lance toward another shokan warrior. Riekhan snap vanished in front of the lance and caught it. Shao Kahn then kept tossing lances at random targets, causing an annoyed Riekhan to constantly catch each one. Shao Kahn then looked to his side and saw Kitana kick Mileena back. He then created another lance and tossed it straight towards her.

Riekhan was wide-eyed for a second before snap-vanishing right in front of the lance and catching it before breaking it in his grip. "Focus on me, you bastard!" An angry Riekhan yelled as he flew towards the Kahn with a punch reared back.

Once he let the punch loose, Shao Kahn quickly blocked it but was pushed back. The emperor kept his guard up as Riekhan continued his assault with a barrage of punches. Riekhan switched things up and stopped his assault, allowing Shao Kahn to counter with a back fist, but he ducked and swept the emperor off his feet. Just before he could land on his back, Riekhan planted a hand on the ground and kicked Shao Kahn up a few feet into the air before snap-vanishing above him, and meeting him halfway with a sledgehammer, sending him crashing back down to the ground.