Fight Club

Liu Kang and Kung Lao returned to the fire gardens and informed everyone of what occurred in Outworld. With that information, Fujin spoke before the group of Earthrealm defenders and said, "The news from Outworld is indeed hopeful. But the location of Kronika's keep remains a mystery. It is beyond the realms and has proven to be beyond even Raiden and I's sight."

"Do you know of Kharon, Fujin?" Hanzo asked as Kuai Liang remembered, "Kharon, of course."

"Who is Kharon?" Fujin asked, curious about the individual the two ninjas spoke of.

"Master of the ancient ship of the dead. Sub-Zero and I met him during our time as revenants." Hanzo answered.

"He travels in the space beyond realms, transporting damned souls to the Netherealm." Kuai Liang explained, confirming Hanzo's answer.

"If the keep lies there, Kharon may know its location." Hanzo suggested as Fujin asked, "Would he help us?"

"It is possible, but I cannot be sure." Hanzo answered as Fujin then requested, "I urge you both to investigate."

Both ninjas bowed in respect and Hanzo finished, "We will leave immediately."

Once they were gone, Fujin turned to Liu Kang and Kung Lao and informed them, "Now that Edenia is safe and we have Queen Sheeva, along with the Shokan on our side, you two must gather the Shaolin and aid the monks' preparation."

Liu Kang and Kung Lao understood and headed off on their mission. Jax then spoke up and said, "I've got to go off too. I need to find Sonya and Johnny."

"I'll join you." Kenshi offered as Takeda stepped up and added, "Count me in too."

"No. Fujin needs you two for an intel operation." Jax said, shooting down their offers of aid.

"If we're gathering armies, shouldn't getting the military's general back be our focus?" Takeda asked, not seeing why Sonya wasn't a priority.

"Undoubtedly. But Kronika's behavior makes it clear that she is not all-powerful. If she was, then why would she attempt to steal Jinsei?" Fujin asked.

"Perhaps she could still be building strength. Raiden did say that erasing Zirack would have left her without much energy." Skarlet pointed out.

"A distinct probability." A cross-armed Fujin replied as Kenshi then asked, "So what's her next move?"

After mulling it over momentarily, he informed the small group, "With the dragon grotto's Jinsei fountain sealed, there is no greater energy source she can look to than the well of souls beneath Shang Tsung's island."

"That place doesn't bring back good memories." Takeda said, almost quietly as he remembered the beating he suffered at the hands of the agents of chaos and Havik.

"Even so, I need the two of you to go there and investigate. Lest we forget, that island is also where Kronika's crown lies." Fujin said to the Takahashi men.

"If Kronika keeps her crown there, she'll no doubt have sent her lapdogs to retrieve it for her." Kenshi surmised as Fujin knew there was a possibility of Takeda and his father not being enough for this on their own.

"We could use some more hands on deck." Takeda suggested.

"I can accompany the both of you." Skarlet offered to Kenshi. The swordsman gave a single nod of agreement to the blood mage and he thanked her for stepping up to aid him and his son.

Li-Mei on the other hand looked towards Jax and said, "If you need help in finding Sonya and Johnny, I'm here, Jackson."

"The more the merrier." Jax said, accepting Li-Mei's offer.