Mysteries Revealed

Zirack looked back as Li-Mei wondered what he was looking at. She got her answer however, as Skarlet dropped down from a tree branch and landed across from the duo. What the blood mage said next surprised Zirack as she took a few steps forward while saying, "There you are, Saiyan."

Scratch that, both Zirack and Li-Mei had shocked reactions as Li-Mei asked him, "I thought only the earth realmers knew your story. Did you tell her as well?"

Zirack shook his head as Skarlet told them, "Everone knows your story, Saiyan. The mystery has been revealed. They also know of your betrayal to Outworld, traitorous wench."

Li-Mei got tired of Skarlet and her words so she stepped forward and told Zirack, "Don't get involved."

Skarlet could tell Li-Mei was begging for a fight, so she obliged as Zirack stayed back and watched. The two started out even as Li-Mei's training over the week had a few fast results. However, she did not train anywhere near enough as Skarlet got the upper hand and eventually knocked her out cold with a kick to the back of the neck. Skarlet could see the growing impatience from Zirack as she put her hands up and explained to him, "I'm not here to fight you." She walked closer to him as he kept his guard up and continued.

"I'm only here to warn you. Shao Khan is not the only formidable opponent you will have." She said as Zirack was confused with her warning.

"Why are you telling me this? Why are you helping me?" Zirack asked as Skarlet placed her hand on his chest and did not say a word. All she did was stare Zirack in his eyes as he looked at her awaiting her answer. The Saiyan had to admit, looking directly into her blood red eyes was a bit encapsulating. She continued to ignore Zirack's questions as he grew impatient and grabbed her hand and pushed it off of his chest. While holding her hand, Zirack asked once again, "Why are you helping me? I thought you were one of Shao Khan's assassins."

Skarlet finally answered as she told him, "I may be an assassin, but even I know when I can't kill someone. Don't think I didn't pay attention to you throughout the last tournament. I've found your resistance to my blood magic, and your variety of powers and abilities to be....intriguing." She said as she began to walk in a circle around Zirack like a shark.

"So you're a fan? Is that why you came to warn me?"
Skarlet scoffed as she said, "A fan? Don't be a fool. I am only making sure that you take this tournament seriously. After all, you may have beaten Shang Tsung while holding back, but my emperor is someone that you can't beat."

"I'll take that as a challenge." Zirack said as the idea of Shao Khan being stronger than Shang Tsung was making his Saiyan blood boil in anticipation. Skarlet could literally feel Zirack's excitement as she grew confused and asked the Saiyan, "You find that exciting? Fighting the emperor of Outworld? Someone you have no chance of beating?"

Zirack didn't need to say much as he answered back, "Yeah."

Much like Li-Mei, Skarlet found Zirack's personality and attitude towards certain situations a little head scratching. But deep down, she was starting to find more and more reasons to admire the Saiyan. He confused Skarlet further as he proclaimed, "Don't worry, if it comes down to it, I'll beat Shao Khan and free all of you guys."

"Beat him?" She asked as she began to laugh. "Let's pretend that you do defeat Shao Khan, what do you mean by 'free all of us'?"

Zirack answered back with, "He's a tyrant. You can't be doing all of the things he's making you do without being forced to by him right?" He continued to give his reasoning as he said, "Li-Mei told me that over half the population of Outworld is enslaved."

"What makes you believe that any of Shao Khan's forces are 'enslaved'? We fight for him as he is our emperor. In fact, if it were not for him, I would be living on the streets as a young orphan and would go either hungry, or be dead." Skarlet said as Zirack was not expecting to realize that Skarlet was an orphan who could have gone homeless at a time.