Return of the Fallen Elder God

Over at the sky temple's roof, Bo Rai Cho was sitting somewhere while drinking from his flask. For him, it was nothing out of the usual. Much like the sight of Raiden teleporting over with a lightning strike.

"Raiden, my old friend!" Bo Rai Cho said as he got up and shook hands with Raiden.

"Master Bo Rai Cho. I am pleased to see you. It has been quite some time." Raiden said as Bo Rai Cho agreed and stated, "Only a year. But that's still too long. We old warriors need to stick together, eh?"

"Most certainly. I presume recent circumstances have precipitated your arrival?" Raiden asked as Bo Rai Cho answered, "Yes, yes. I'm concerned that Shinnok may return. I've been trying to contact you. I fear the worst."

"The worst may already be upon us. Empress Sindel contacted me earlier and said that Mileena had escaped. Not only did she escape, but the amulet was once again stolen." Raiden said as he and Bo Rai Cho walked through the doors of the sky temple's rooftop.

"So what is the plan this time?" Bo Rai Cho asked as Raiden informed him, "I must retire to the Jinsei chamber for now. Regain my strength. Once I do so, I will confer with General Blade."

"If only we could have destroyed Shinnok in the last Netherealm war. If only he were mortal." Bo Rai Cho said as Raiden stated, "Admittedly, Zirack could have done so in his super Saiyan form. But it doesn't matter how badly Shinnok is beaten, he is an immortal who cannot die. Fallen elder god or not."

The two walked into the Jinsei chamber as Bo Rai Cho stared at the Jinsei pool and said, "Such beauty. Like gazing upon the elder gods themselves."

"I hold out hope that we can turn this crisis to our advantage." Raiden said as Bo Rai Cho asked, "How so?"

"Quan Chi's magic binds the souls of many we hold dear. Capture him, and Fujin and I can help to restore them." Raiden explained as Bo Rai Cho was in disbelief to hear this and replied, "Liu Kang and Kung Lao restored? I suppose it is possible...."

"As long as Quan Chi lives." Raiden said as he then hung his head down before confiding in Bo Rai Cho and admitting, "I've long regretted losing our comrades' souls to Netherealm's evil. Kung Lao and Liu Kang....they were like sons to me. They were like brothers to Zirack."

"Blood for blood. Your debt is paid." Hanzo said as he let the headless body of Quan Chi fall. But just as he did, Quan Chi dropped the amulet out of his hands. The amulet fell flatly on the ground and laid still for a few seconds, until a pillar of energy blasted out from it. Everyone covered their eyes and tried to keep themselves steady as a figure emerged from the amulet.

"Free us, now!" Sonya ordered the Shirai Ryu members as they began to unbind Sonya and Kenshi.

Shinnok was finally freed from his 6 year imprisonment in the amulet. He bent down to pick it up as he smirked at the sight of his amulet.

Hanzo tried to attack Shinnok from behind with his sword, but Shinnok shot a blast at him from his amulet. Kenshi, Sonya and the two clan members tried to attack as well, but Shinnok blasted them away too.

"How small they are." Shinnok said as Tanya walked over and kneeled in front of him and said, "I greet you, Lord Shinnok."

"Quan Chi chose his servants well. He was wise to restore me in Earthrealm, behind their defenses." Shinnok said as Tanya informed him, "Quan Chi deceived them. Allowed himself to be captured. He knew they would bring him here."

Shinnok took a look at Quan Chi's headless body as he said, "A pity he did not live to see his work completed."

To the surprise of Shinnok, a familiar face walked through the portal. Riekhan was confused at all the devastation that was around him as Shinnok said, "You...."