Battle in the Realms

Sindel, Sub-Zero, Kenshi and Kitana all moved out of the way just in time as Shao Kahn struck the ground with his hammer and landed. The entire throne room's floor was cracked apart from the impact.

"I don't know how you're back, but you were a fool to come here alone, Shao Kahn." Sindel said as Shao Kahn chuckled.

"Oh 'wife', what makes you believe I came here...alone?" Shao Kahn cryptically asked as soon enough, Ermac along with Rain showed up.

Ermac shot a blast at Kenshi and sent him crashing through the wall of the palace and out to the city. Rain summoned a powerful blast of concentrated water at Kuai Liang, but he quickly turned it into ice and used it against Rain. Rain dodged and the two went into a battle.

"You stand no chance." Shao Kahn arrogantly said as Kitana begged to differ.

"It's you who has no chance, Shao Kahn. Mother has learned to harness the power within her and is far more powerful than you can imagine." Kitana replied as Shao Kahn laughed off her claims.

"Don't speak too soon, Kitana. After all, you have your own problems to worry about..." Shao Kahn said as another explosion went off on the wall to reveal a bunch of dead Outworld soldiers. But when the dust settled a large figure struck Kitana in the gut and knocked her away.

Shao Kahn focused his attacks on a lone Sindel as Kitana slowly got back up.

"Remember me, princess?" A deep voice asked as Kitana looked towards her attacker and was shocked to say the least.

"Goro?!" Kitana asked as the former Shokan prince was returned to the land of the living just like Shao Kahn.

"You will pay for what you did to me!" Goro said as he attacked Kitana with his dragon fangs.

Sindel blasted a sonic scream at Shao Kahn and kept him at bay, but he blocked it. He moved forward slowly, but he eventually reached Sindel and punched her across the face. He tried to go for a kick, but Sindel used her hair to grab his leg and keep him still so she could unleash a point blank range sonic scream at him.

The scream knocked him back a few feet but he got back up. "Perhaps you HAVE gotten stronger, 'wife'." Shao Kahn said as he could feel the increase in Sindel's power compared to before.

"I am NOT your wife, you tyrannical bastard! And I will make you pay for everything you did to me!" Sindel claimed as Shao Kahn begged to differ.

"Oh please, you may have gotten stronger, but you're still not strong enough to contend with me." Shao Kahn said as he swung his hammer around and almost made contact with Sindel, but she was able to dodge.

Sindel picked her spot and clashed with Shao Kahn as the two went into a stalemate. "I will reclaim my empire, the empire you destroyed, from your weak edenian hands!" Shao Kahn exclaimed.

"I never destroyed anything. I ruled Outworld far better than you could ever imagine!" Sindel said as the two continued their stalemate.

Kitana evaded Goro's strikes but she was eventually caught by one of his arms. Before he could hold onto her tightly, she escaped his grip by kicking him in the side of the knee and dropkicking him away.

"How are you back, Goro?! Last I saw you, you had no arms and your head was split into 3 pieces." Kitana asked as Goro answered, "I'm back by Shao Kahn's grace. He has his way of bringing people back to life, much like he himself returned. But you needn't worry about him...."

Goro shot a flame blast at Kitana, but she was able to dodge. Once she rolled out of the way, Goro jumped into the air and was going to strike down on her as he said, "....you need to worry about me!"