Reaching the Depths

Back at the refugee camp, 4 figures walked out of the portal. "Mission accomplished." Takeda said as he along with Nightwolf, Skarlet and Li-Mei all walked over to Sonya and Kenshi.

"The amulet is back with Sindel?" Sonya asked as Nightwolf informed her, "Not only the amulet, but Mileena has been captured."

"Looks like everything worked out well then." Sonya said.

Skarlet and Li-Mei looked around and tried to sense out for Zirack but couldn't find him. "Where is Zirack?" Li-Mei asked as Sonya informed the two, "While you guys were away, Raiden asked Zirack to come along with him to talk about something important."

"What could it be about?" Skarlet asked as Sonya answered, "Raiden said it was about Fujin finding out information about Quan Chi at the Netherealm border."

Lightning struck down and Raiden teleported himself along with Zirack to the Lin Kuei temple.

"Why'd you bring me here?" Zirack asked as Raiden answered, "I want to inform both you and Kuai Liang of the mission you will embark on."

"You haven't even explained what the mission is yet. Let alone, what Fujin found out. Also, why Kuai Liang specifically? Kenshi was available." Zirack asked as Raiden was going to answer, but was cut off by a battalion of Lin Kuei assassins surrounding him and Zirack.

"Well that's ironic." Zirack said as Raiden was confused and asked, "What is?"

"The Lin Kuei are giving us a cold welcome." Zirack said as Raiden was unamused by the Saiyan's lightheartedness at the current situation.

"Stand down!" Kuai Liang said as he walked out of the temple and ordered the members to stand down. He walked up to Raiden and Zirack before bowing to them and saying, "Apologies, Zirack and Lord Raiden."

"Eh, it's nothing. They were just doing their jobs. If anything, they would have been piss poor assassins if they DIDN'T defend their temple from intruders." Zirack said as Kuai agreed with his sentiment and asked, "What brings you two here?"

"May we speak to you in private?" Raiden asked as Kuai agreed and led the two into the temple. Once they reached Kuai's quarters, Raiden finally explained everything to both Zirack and Kuai Liang.

"Fujin has been monitoring the Netherealm border for quite some time now. But recently, a former member of Quan Chi's trio of assassins has given Fujin vital information on Quan Chi's whereabouts." Raiden said as Kuai Liang stated, "I remember those three. Why would either of them ever turn on Quan Chi by helping Fujin?"

"Fujin did not believe her at first, but when she explained why she was willing to help, he believed her. Not only does she know of his whereabouts and where he is going, she is even willing to help fight against Quan Chi. She is a woman named Sareena." Raiden explained as Zirack asked, "So what do we do next?"

"You and Sub-Zero will go to the Netherealm along with some soldiers from the military and meet with Sareena. She will aid you against Quan Chi's forces." Raiden said as Zirack asked, "Uhh Kuai, can you afford to leave?"

"I can. But I have to entrust the temple with Frost." Kuai Liang said as Zirack then asked, "Alright, so what exactly do we do once we fight off his forces?"

"Bring Quan Chi to the military base. Sonya will ensure he is imprisoned and can help to resurrect all of our fallen allies." Raiden said as he continued, "I will go and quickly inform Sonya of everything. Once I return, I will take you two to the Netherealm when you are ready."

Once Raiden said that, he summoned his lightning and left the temple. "I will go prepare myself." Kuai said as Zirack left his chambers.

The Saiyan had his arms crossed while leaning against the wall in the halls and looked at the paintings on the walls. While Zirack was outside waiting for Sub-Zero to get ready, someone yelled out "Intruder!"