Gathering Forces

After hearing Zirack explain everything that Fujin and Sindel told him, Li-Mei could understand why he had to go to Edenia. She still couldn't understand how Edenia came back, but regardless, he had to leave and meet with Sindel. But she also realized that he didn't HAVE to go alone.

"I'll come with you." Li-Mei said.

Zirack was hesitant to have her join him as he said, "I appreciate that, Li-Mei. But, there's a reason only I'm going. Earthrealm needs protectors at all times."

"I know. But like you said, Onaga is a problem for all the realms. Even without me here, Earthrealm will still have Lord Fujin, Skarlet, General Blade and the military, Nightwolf, Takeda and Hanzo with the Shirai Ryu." Li-Mei reasoned as Skarlet walked out of the house and greeted the Saiyan.

"Look who's back from stopping a genocide." Skarlet said as she embraced Zirack who returned the hug in kind.

"Damn, now I wish I waited a few minutes before telling Li-Mei everything that I just did." Zirack said as Skarlet grew curious and raised an eyebrow.

"What did you tell Li-Mei?" Skarlet asked.

Zirack went on to explain everything that he relayed to Li-Mei and she herself helped explain everything to Skarlet. After the blood mage got her initial shock about Shao Kahn being resurrected, Kitana's death, Onaga's return and the current situation out of the way, she understood everything.

"If that's the case, it's dangerous to leave Earthrealm with any less protectors than we already have. Sub-Zero and Kenshi are missing, and you two will be leaving to Edenia." Skarlet said as Li-Mei wondered, "You're not coming along?"

"No. With you two gone, that's two of Earthrealm's strongest leaving the realm. Along with Lord Fujin and the others, one of us needs to help out here." Skarlet answered as she thought the situation out.

Zirack agreed with her thought process and said, "Alright then. Fujin said he'll give me a portal stone and to leave tonight."

"How long will we be gone?" Li-Mei asked as Zirack mulled it over.

"Hmmm. I can't necessarily say how long we'll be gone. We could be gone a day, 2 days, a week. I think we'll get a better answer from Sindel herself." Zirack said.

"I see. It all falls upon Onaga's defeat." Li-Mei said as Zirack nodded to confirm.

"From the way Sindel explained it, Onaga is dangerous and he might be just as strong as Shinnok. So with that being said...." Zirack cracked his neck and loosened his body up. He then cracked his knuckles and dawned a determined face expression as he finished, "....let's get one last training session in before we head off."

The two women both raised an eyebrow and looked to each-other before looking back at the Saiyan.

"That's surprising." Li-Mei said as Zirack was confused.

"What is?" Zirack asked as Skarlet answered, "You wanting to train before eating breakfast."

At that precise moment, Zirack's stomach bellowed as the Saiyan remembered how long it's been since he's eaten.

"Aw, man! I haven't had anything to eat since lunch yesterday in the afternoon." Zirack admitted.

Li-Mei gave a light smile as she suggested, "It's only 7 in the morning, Zirack. Let's have breakfast first."

"Yes. And then afterwards, we can have our usual 2 on 1 spar where you make complete and utter fools of us." Skarlet sarcastically said as the trio walked towards the house.

"Hey, I don't make fools out of you guys." Zirack defended himself as he continued, "We're always on even ground in those spars."

"Only because you hold back." Skarlet said as Li-Mei added on, "While we use all of our power."