Winds of Change

A few weeks had passed and Kuai Liang was meditating in-front of a statue at the Lin Kuei temple. But he could feel someone creeping up behind him. The person tried to reach out at Kuai Liang's shoulder as they said, "Excuse me."

Sub-Zero quickly flipped the person over as he got a look at the intruder. It was a young woman with short and spiky blue hair. "I barely touched you!" The woman said as Sub-Zero asked her, "Who are you? Why are you doing here?"

"My name's Frost. Raiden invited me to the tournament." Frost said as a confused Kuai Liang asked, "Raiden? What tournament?"

"The tournament to join the new Lin Kuei. We all came to audition, show off our talents....OW!" Frost said as she could feel Kuai Liang's ice hurt her hands.

"Not for me, you didn't. And what do you mean....we?" Sub-Zero asked as he was wide eyed once he saw the large crowd of men and women that showed up. "Damnit. I don't know what Raiden told you all. I should leave you out here on the tundra, but....you made it this far. Maybe one or two of you are really worthy of becoming Lin Kuei. But if you want to stay, as a rule...." Kuai Liang said as he turned to Frost and through clenched teeth ordered, "Don't. Attack. Your master. Understood?"

"Yes sir." Frost said as she thought to herself, 'Geez. Bossy much....'

"Come with me. We have a lot to figure out." Kuai Liang said as he led the potential recruits into the temple.

Over in Outworld, Empress Sindel had gotten out of a meeting to discuss the rebuilding effort after the war with Reiko and Mileena. Tanya walked with her as Sindel wanted to talk more over dinner. Tanya was confused however, once Sindel went in the opposite direction of the dining room. "Empress, where are you going?"

"I'm inviting a guest to join us." Sindel said as she knocked on a door in the hall. The door was opened by none other, than Riekhan.

"Riekhan. How are you?" Sindel asked as Riekhan stated, "I'm fine. You ask me that everyday."

"As I should. I'm your mother, Riekhan. If you need to talk to me about anything, you can." Sindel said as Riekhan replied, "Noted. Is that the reason you stopped by?"

"No, I wanted to invite you to join us for dinner." Sindel said as Riekhan was a bit skeptical, but he was hungry, so he accepted the invitation to go eat.

A little while later, Sindel along with Tanya and Riekhan were at the dining room table as Tanya and Sindel spoke about rebuilding the trade routes. Riekhan was too busy stuffing his face to care about their conversation. That was until, the topic of conversation shifted over to Mileena.

"It's been weeks and Mileena still hasn't made a move." Tanya said as Sindel replied, "She lost most of her allies, and her lead general....well, we know what happened to him. Without all of that, she does not have the means of fighting against me."

"But she still has the tarkatans and Ermac." Tanya stated as Sindel informed her, "Yes. But she does not have the shokan to fight for her anymore."

"Even if Queen Sheeva has gone neutral, what says Mileena can't convince her to rejoin her side?" Tanya asked as it was news to Riekhan that the Shokan pulled out their support of Mileena.

"You need to wonder why Queen Sheeva stopped supporting Mileena in the first place." Sindel stated as Tanya thought about it and answered, "She must have seen the amount of Shokan deaths and saw the writing on the wall."

"Exactly. Queen Sheeva knew that the dwindling number of Shokan warriors was liable to cripple them if they continued to fight in this war." Sindel said as Tanya agreed with her statement.