Return to Serenity

Sindel, Kitana, Jade and Riekhan all made it back to the palace. When they did, Jade helped Riekhan over to the med bay to tend to his wound, leaving Sindel and Kitana alone.

"Have you two put your problems with each other behind you?" Sindel asked.

Kitana corrected her and answered, "He never had a problem with me, mother. The only one who had problems with anyone here, was me."

Sindel was happy to hear and see the humility Kitana showed as she then asked, "So, will you give him the fair chance that I asked you to give him?"

"In all honesty, he's already in my good graces." Kitana admitted as Sindel raised an eyebrow.

She asked, "And what caused that?"

"Shinnok was about to kill me with a blast, but Riekhan saved me and took the blast himself. That's where that wound he has right now came from." Kitana explained as Sindel now understood all that had happened.

"Even after everything you said to him and how you treated him, he still decided to save you?" Sindel asked as Kitana nodded and the empress smiled at learning about Riekhan's selflessness. 'It seems you chose well, Jade.' Sindel thought to herself.

"Now that we're back in a time of peace, what's next, mother?" Kitana asked as Sindel saw it getting dark out and answered, "Perhaps that's something we should discuss tomorrow. After everything that happened today, our minds should be at ease tonight." Kitana agreed as her and Sindel made their way over to the throne room.

Over in a small hideout in the golden desert, Rain and Ermac were joined alongside Baraka. The topic of conversation among the three of them was the empress.

"Mileena has been captured." Baraka said as Rain replied, "With her imprisonment, this uprising is now officially dead."

"Should we prostrate ourselves before Sindel and request to join her court?" Ermac asked as Rain was offended that he would suggest something as stupid as that again.

"No, you fools! After our roles in this 6 year war, you really believe Sindel wouldn't execute us on sight?" Rain asked as Baraka then asked, "Without a ruler to serve, the Tarkata are lost. Why shouldn't we ask for Sindel's forgiveness and join her court?"

"Grah! This wouldn't be happening if Shao Kahn were still alive!" Rain stated as Baraka asked, "If Riekhan can be brought back to life, then why not his father?"

"Their deaths are both under different circumstances. Riekhan was much easier to bring back while Shao Kahn is nigh impossible." Rain said as Ermac had a realization strike him and he spoke up to inform the two, "That may not necessarily be true."

Ermac caught both Rain and Baraka's attention as Rain asked, "What are you talking about?"

"The circumstances of Shao Kahn's death may make a resurrection seem impossible, but they are not. Long ago, Shao Kahn put multiple plans in place incase he was ever killed. One of them, included a plan to once again be revived." Ermac explained as a wide eyed Rain asked, "T-that can't be true. How do you know this?"

"As Shao Kahn's eternal creation, we were entrusted with this knowledge. We would put the plans in place if the empress: Mileena, failed to win the war and succeed her father, as he so wished." Ermac said as Baraka and Rain better understood what he was talking about.

"If the true emperor can be revived, then what must we do?" Baraka asked as Ermac answered, "The ritual, first requires us to travel to the dead woods. There, we must go to find Shao Kahn's tomb. A tomb he had built to store the portal sphere containing Vaeternus, and the fragments."