Fire and Ice

At the military base, Fujin spoke with Sonya while Raiden was away. The dark thunder god had left to go and speak to Queen Sindel who said she had news for him. The wind god however, wanted an update from the general.

"What have you learned about Kronika's effect on Earthrealm?" Fujin asked as Sonya answered, "We're tracking sites around the globe with major temporal anomalies. We've prioritized info that correlates attacks from the Netherealm with time anomalies."

"Helpful. But we have more to worry about than the Netherealm." Fujin stated as Sonya agreed and brought up the next piece of information Earthrealm's protector needed to hear.

"Yeah, you're about that. Grandmaster Liang reports heavy losses to his Lin Kuei clan. The time merger has resurrected his old nemesis, Sektor." Sonya informed as Fujin grew weary.

"Sektor? Of course. Nobody else would willingly go out of there way to bring back the Cyber Lin Kuei." Fujin said as Sonya pulled up a hologram of Sektor and replied, "From what we gather, he's reactivating and upgrading the same factory he built to convert the Lin Kuei into cyber killing machines."

"Undoubtedly to construct new and more powerful cyber Lin Kuei. Kronika may seek to co-opt them." Fujin deduced as it was obvious Sektor's return and the subsequent return of the cyber Lin Kuei proved the mad titan wants their aid. He then asked, "What of Sub-Zero?"

"Already on his way to shut down the factory." Sonya said as Fujin replied, "I know Sub-Zero is powerful, but I don't believe it's wise for him to go in alone."

Sonya smirked and replied. "Good thing he won't be alone."

On a cliff side overlooking a factory, Kuai Liang took out a telescope and examined the area ahead of him. He saw many cyber Lin Kuei warriors roaming around and about, working to succeed in following Sektor's orders. A second later however, he could very vaguely feel a presence behind him. He quickly turned around and stared down a muramasa blade in the hands of Hanzo Hasashi.

"You're instincts are as sharp as ever, Sub-Zero." Hanzo said as Kuai looked up at him with a smirk and replied, "I recognized your footsteps, Hanzo."

Hanzo put the blade away and asked, "Where's Sektor? I will not let him threaten my clan again."

"The old cyber Lin Kuei factory was defunct, buried underneath this quarry-until the time disruption." Kuai Liang said while looking at Hanzo. He then turned back to the factory and added, "Now Sektor's returned and reactivated it. He's building an army by processing Lin Kuei warriors kidnapped from my temple."

"I can see why you need me." Hanzo said as this information had proved Kuai Liang alone would be outmatched by the cyberized Lin Kuei forces.

Kuai Liang pointed to a large entrance into the factory where most of the cyberized ninjas roamed and said, "We could enter through that tunnel, but a frontal assault would be..."

"Bloody." Hanzo deduced.

"Needlessly dangerous." Kuai said as he handed the telescope to Hanzo. The Shirai Ryu grandmaster took a look at the massive entrance way but Kuai pushed the scope a little to the right to reveal another one. "There's another entrance, less populated-."

"And the rest of your plan?" Hanzo asked as Kuai answered, "We get help on the inside...."

At a tunnel entrance, a lone cyber Lin Kuei ninja was ambushed by Hanzo and Kuai and was quickly taken out of commission. With the coast clear, the two of them ran into the tunnel and entered the cyber Lin Kuei factory. Once they entered the assembly room, they were both met with the sight of mutilated and bloodied corpses. The Lin Kuei grandmaster looked around and saw body parts and decapitated heads in pods filled with liquid.