Time's Up

The battle in Edenia raged on as the resurrected warriors of Shao Kahn quickly made their presence felt. Quan Chi was rushed by three Edenian knights. The first one was stopped in place as Quan Chi began to control his mind. He then forced the knight to attack his allies unexpectedly. The controlled knight stabbed the second knight through the chest before slicing the last one's throat. The knight then took his own sword and stabbed himself in the throat as he bled out right before Quan Chi as the warlock said, "Hmph. Weak-minded Edenian."

On another side of the battlefield, Reiko slit the throat of another Edenian knight before he came across a very angry Riekhan. "Reiko!" The half Saiyan yelled as Shao Kahn's trusted general was wide eyed.

Reiko thought quickly and pulled out a button. Riekhan was quicker and snap vanished in front of Reiko. He slapped the button out of the general's hand before grabbing him by the throat and lifting him up. Just before he could do any damage however, he was hit in the back with a blast. Riekhan turned around and saw not only Motaro, but also Goro and Kintaro approaching him.

"You have more to worry about than the general, traitor!" Kintaro said as Riekhan raised an eyebrow and asked, "Are you really calling me a traitor? To Shao Kahn?"

"The emperor's own flesh and blood turns his back on his father. You are a traitor in every sense of the word." Motaro said as Riekhan began to laugh.

"Are you all really that stupid?" Riekhan asked, almost stifling another laugh.

"The only stupid one here is you for siding with those weakling edenians. Now, Shao Kahn will once again rule." Goro claimed.

"Funny you say that, Goro. From what I saw, you were getting beaten by those 'weakling edenians.'" Riekhan said as he began to infuriate the shokan Prince. "In fact, if memory serves, Kitana killed you just last year did she not?"

"That's enough!" Goro yelled in frustration as he, Kintaro and Motaro stepped up to the half Saiyan. "You believe yourself to be so mighty, then face your father's best warriors!"

"I swear, there must be a certain level of delusion and stupidity that comes with serving Shao Kahn." Riekhan said as he prepared himself for the trio.

Reiko was freed from Riekhan's grasp, but he wasn't in the clear just yet. He turned around right into an axe kick under his chin from Kitana. The Edenian princess then kicked him in his chest to knock him back.

"Ah, princess Kitana." Reiko said as he got back up and stared her down.

"I don't know how you're back, Reiko, but I'm actually glad you are. I still haven't made you pay for what you did back on Shang Tsung's island." Kitana said as she ran towards the general with her bladed fans in tow and the two began their battle.

Jade came face to face with an old foe in Tanya, and the Edenian general did not hold back her feelings towards the treacherous Tanya. "The treacherous wench returns. And aiding Shao Kahn again? How long before you betray him once more?"

"Oh believe me, Jade, I serve a greater power than Shao Kahn." Tanya said as she then brought out her tonfas and she looked towards Jade with rage in her eyes. "Unfortunately for you, you'll be far too dead to see the new era. But before I kill you for what you did to me, I'll make you suffer."

"Enough with your wasting time on words and empty threats. After what you did to Queen Sindel and Riekhan, I didn't make you suffer enough last time." Jade said as she got into a stance with her Bo staff and held her razor rang tight in her other hand. "I'll be sure to rectify that today."