Warriors Return

Raiden had teleported over to Outworld in search of Zirack. He had a very weird feeling as he made his way over to Empress Sindel. Sindel was accompanied by Kitana and Jade as Sindel spoke, "Lord Raiden, I did not expect a visit today." The empress said as Raiden replied, "I am only here on a search." The 3 edenians were confused as Sindel asked, "In search of what?"

"Not what. Whom. Zirack is missing." Raiden stated to the shock of Jade as she asked, "Missing? How could Zirack be missing?" Raiden began to explain to them what happened in the Netherealm. "Zirack and Li-Mei battled Quan Chi and a few of his revenants."

"Revenants?" Kitana asked as Raiden nodded and said, "Quan Chi has taken the souls of our fallen comrades and used them to become his faithful servants by enslaving them to his will. He then used them in an invasion on Earth realm one year ago."

The three edenian royals were shocked that Earth realm was invaded once again as Sindel heard the part of the fallen comrades becoming revenants and became saddened as Kitana asked, "Why did Quan Chi invade earth realm? Especially if he does not have the necessary power to fight against Earth realm or Outworld."

"Unfortunately for us, he did have that power in the form of Shinnok." Raiden said as Sindel was wide eyed and knew the kind of power Shinnok had. "If Shinnok returned, then how is it you are still alive?" She asked.

Raiden answered, "Shinnok had us all at his mercy, however; he turned his ire towards Li-Mei and was going to kill her. At that moment, Zirack snapped and once again transformed into a Super Saiyan. After transforming, Zirack saved Li-Mei and began to overwhelm Shinnok long enough for me to entrap Shinnok back into his own amulet."

"Defeating Shao Kahn was one thing, but being able to overwhelm an elder god is almost impossible to think of." Jade said as she and the other 2 edenian women were in awe at the story they heard.

"After we trapped Shinnok, Fujin and I learned that we are able to restore their souls by coupling Quan Chi's magics with our own. Zirack, Li-Mei and I went down to the Netherealm and once I left to go search for Quan Chi, I left the two of them alone with a few Shaolin warriors. The Shaolin were all killed by Sub-Zero and Zirack along with Li-Mei fought Quan Chi, Sonya Blade, Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Zirack was caught off guard by Sub-Zero and was stabbed in the chest before he was thrown off the fortress and was left to bleed out." Raiden said as the three were in disbelief at the thought of Zirack being left vulnerable like that.

"D-did he..?" Jade asked as Raiden assured her, "He did not die, however; he was close to death. Before I knew it, Quan Chi was already creating a revenant version of Zirack, but luckily I was able to save his soul. But once I did, Zirack was no longer in the Netherealm."

"Did he leave on his own?" Sindel asked as Raiden answered, "No. Not in his weakened state, and especially without the proper means to travel. He was taken by someone or something. When I came back to Earth realm, he was nowhere to be found. Now, I lead a search through every realm to see if I can find him before asking the elder gods."

"Who would take him?" Kitana asked as Raiden answered, "I do not know."

Jade was still confused as she asked, "If Zirack is able to defeat the likes of Shao Kahn and Shinnok along with having the ability to sense people, then how was he ambushed by Sub-Zero?"

Raiden went on to explain how Sub-Zero grabbed Zirack's tail and how his tail is his weakness. The three were again surprised, especially Kitana and Jade. The both of them had never heard or seen anything regarding Zirack, of all people, being vulnerable or having any sort of weakness. "I suppose even the greatest warriors have their own weaknesses." Sindel stated as Raiden concurred.