Heartbreaking Revelation

Fujin was absolutely flabbergasted at what Cetrion just admitted to him. "R-Raiden?!" Fujin asked as he couldn't believe his brother was alive.

"How?! I watched him die! If he had been alive, why wouldn't he return to Earth realm?" Fujin asked in disbelief.

"While it's true that you watched him die, he never stayed dead. The corruption from the Jinsei was too much for his body to bare so he passed away. But shortly after, he was reborn. But this time...the corruption gave him life. Your brother, Fujin. He became...darker. More ruthless. And because of his change, he came directly to the Elder Gods and asked for Shinnok's amulet...knowing that it would be sought after once again." Cetrion explained as Fujin couldn't believe what he was hearing.

On one hand, Fujin's brother was back so that gave him reason to be happy. But on the other, he just learned of what Raiden's rebirth was caused by. It made him question if he really could call this new 'Darker Raiden'...his brother. But then again, he hasn't even seen his brother yet, which made him ask Cetrion.

"Where is Raiden now?" Fujin asked Cetrion as out of nowhere, red lightning streaked through the sky.

Fujin looked up in shock as Cetrion answered, "He's a lot closer than you think."

In Edenia, Zirack and Riekhan continued their training throughout the day. Once the sun set and the sky started to darken, the two Saiyans finished up their training for the day and began their flight back to the edenian kingdom.

Once they both made it into the castle, Riekhan asked, "Same training tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but maybe not as hard as we did today." Zirack said with a slight chuckle as he explained, "I don't think Sindel would appreciate us destroying the edenian landscape like we did today."

Riekhan agreed with his assessment as he then replied, "Very well. I suppose after the battles we've had today, a lighter training day tomorrow is expected."

"You got that right. Rest up. Believe me, you're going to get stronger in no time the way you trained today." Zirack said as Riekhan appreciated the words of encouragement.

They both went their separate ways, with Zirack heading straight to his and Li-Mei's room. Riekhan on the other hand, went to go and find Jade.

He was surprised however, to find out that Jade wasn't in her room. 'Huh, she's usually in here at this time.' Riekhan thought to himself as he thought Jade's absence was strange.

Regardless, he didn't put much thought into it as he believed she was just running late or doing something for Sindel. He decided to just freshen up and believed she would be back by then.

After half an hour, Riekhan stepped out of the bathroom and saw that Jade STILL wasn't back. 'Where is she?' Riekhan asked himself as he tried to use his energy sensing ability. He was still new to it, so with deep concentration, he sensed out the plethora of energy signatures in the castle.

Riekhan knew that distance played a factor in finding energy signatures, so he left the room and roamed around the castle attempting to find Jade.

Half an hour ago

Down in the armory of the castle, a few edenian knights were on their usual shift guarding the armory. Nothing was out of the ordinary for the two until they heard some shuffling in the corner. One of the guards decided to approach the corner with caution and checked what the commotion was.

Once he turned the corner and saw that nobody was present, he was relieved and informed his partner, "The coast is cl-."

Before he could finish his sentence, he got a look at his partner and was mortified. His partner was stabbed through the back of the neck and the bladed fan pierced through his throat. The blades opened up and sliced the guards' neck all the way across to decapitate him.