Shaolin Reunion

The next day, Zirack flew through the sky on his way to the Wu-Shi academy. Once he was above the school, he dropped down to the bottom of the stair steps. There, he was greeted by the monks who bowed to him. In respect, he bowed back and made his way up the tall staircase.

After completing their daily morning spar, Liu Kang and Kung Lao were resting in the courtyard. Their rest was cut short however when Bo Rai Cho came over.

"You two have only been back to the land of the living for a day and you're already putting everyone else's skills to shame." Bo Rai Cho complimented the duo.

Kung Lao took the compliment in stride as he replied, "Thank you, master Bo Rai Cho. But it's only a forgone conclusion that your two best students put on a show like we just did."

Liu Kang shook his head and chuckled with exasperation at Kung Lao's overconfidence. Bo Rai Cho however responded, "That's funny Kung Lao, I don't remember your name being: Zirack."

Kung Lao grew annoyed while Liu Kang had a nice laugh at seeing Kung Lao's ego get deflated like that. "Very funny." Kung Lao said as he crossed his arms.

"And also true." Liu Kang added on as he and Bo Rai Cho continued their laughter as a frustrated Kung Lao rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Great. Anyone else want to make jokes at my expense?" Kung Lao asked.

"Well, I would...." The trio turned to the doorway and saw Zirack walking down the steps toward them as he finished, "....but I think Liu Kang and Master Bo Rai Cho have all the bases covered."

"Zirack, my boy! I haven't seen or heard from you in weeks. How are you?" Bo Rai Cho asked as he was happy to see the Saiyan.

"Yeah sorry about that, master Bo Rai Cho. After Raiden 'died', I uhh....I needed some space." Zirack said as Kung Lao and Liu Kang were confused.

"Lord Raiden died?!" Liu Kang asked as Zirack answered, "I thought he did."

"Excuse me?" Kung Lao asked as he was heavily confused. "What does 'I thought he did' mean?"

"I don't know all that much myself, but when Shinnok corrupted Earthrealm's Jinsei, there was only one way to purify it. Raiden had to absorb all of the corruption but it just led to him dying. Then a couple days ago against Onaga, he showed himself to me and said he'd 'gone through a change'." Zirack explained to the surprise of the trio.

"Reborn? If Lord Raiden died and was then reborn, why is this the first we are hearing this?" Bo Rai Cho asked as a familiar voice spoke out.

"I can tell you." Fujin said as he appeared in front of the group. "Believe me when I say, Raiden's revival was a shock to me as well."

Fujin began to explain, "Weeks after his passing, Cetrion came to me and informed me that the corruption Raiden had taken in from the Jinsei had slowly revived him. Not only did it revive him, but it changed him. In his own words, the Jinsei opened his eyes to how lackadaisical earthrealm has been to our enemies. He's become more aggressive, more violent and much less kind than he was before. He's not the Raiden you all know him as."

Now that Zirack, Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Bo Rai Cho have been given an in depth explanation as to Raiden's sudden change in character, they were stunned. The 4 of them could not come to grips with the fact that Raiden had made such a significant shift in personality. But regardless of that, they still wanted to see the new dark thunder god.

"Where is Lord Raiden?" Liu Kang asked as Fujin answered, "He's out collecting the Kamidogus. Shortly after Onaga's defeat, Raiden expected them to still be at the Nexus. But they've been scattered across the realms."