End of Heartache

With Onaga gone for good, Ermac could feel his influence leave his followers. They all looked at their hands in amazement and wonder. They couldn't believe that they were free of influence. And for the 4 men, they couldn't believe that after 6 long years, they were all back to life. Not as slaves, but as themselves.

"We-we're back...." Kung Lao said in sheer awe.

"It seems you are free of any control from Onaga." Ermac said as they all looked towards him and were on guard. Ermac saw this and immediately tried to calm them down.

"Calm yourselves, we are not here to fight you. Not anymore." Ermac said as Liu Kang was confused.

"Then why are you here?" Liu Kang asked as Ermac answered, "We only fought you all while under Onaga's thrall to keep you from aiding him. Now he is gone and you are free as a result."

"And how are we supposed to trust you? Aren't you Shao Kahn's errand boy?" Johnny Cage asked.

"Not anymore." Ermac said as the 5 of them were all confused and he continued with, "There isn't much time to explain, but the warriors who defeated Onaga are a few miles from here. We can transport you to Raiden and Fujin."

They were all weary to have Ermac take them to the others, but they slowly relented. They stayed cautious of course, but they agreed and Ermac brought his hands out. They all began to float with his telekinesis and he began his flight towards the battlefield.

Skarlet, Nitara, Kenshi and Shujinko all woke up and were a little worse for wear. But as they all came to, they saw that Onaga wasn't here anymore. They made their way towards the group of Raiden, Fujin, Sindel and Riekhan and Kenshi was the first to ask, "Is he really gone this time?"

The single nod from Fujin was enough to confirm what Kenshi was hoping was true. Everybody breathed a sigh of relief at the fact that Onaga was no longer a threat. Shujinko especially, was very thankful that the one who deceived him for so long was sealed back up. While Kenshi and Shujinko spoke with the others, Skarlet and Nitara both flew away and back over to where Zirack was.

The Saiyan was finally starting to come to and once he saw Nitara, he was surprised that she showed up.

"Finally awake?" Nitara asked as Zirack took a few deep breathes and asked, "N-Nitara? Wh-when did you-."

"Right before you fell into the volcano." Nitara flatly answered to Zirack's confusion.

"....what?" Zirack asked as it was clear he missed out on a lot after he was knocked unconscious.

"After Onaga's blast knocked you out, the blood sorceress here attempted to save you but couldn't make it in time. I opened a portal and saved you before you fell into the nearby volcano. And in your weakened condition, you would have died a horrible death." Nitara explained.

A wide eyed Zirack was stunned. He couldn't believe he came that close to death. But he had so much gratitude for Nitara saving his life...again.

"Wow. Thank you, Nitara. What is that? Twice that you've saved my life?" Zirack asked as Nitara had her arms crossed and had a smirk adorning her face.

"More or less." Nitara answered as Zirack then asked, "So who beat Onaga?"

"We still don't know. There's a lot to explain, Zirack. But it may help if we meet back up with the others and they can explain." Skarlet said.

"You two are going to have to go alone. Now that Onaga is gone, I need to take my leave back to Vaeternus." Nitara informed them.

Before Nitara could open the portal to her home world, Skarlet got her attention. "Nitara!" Skarlet said as the vampiress turned around.