Chapter 123

On Monday morning, as usual, Pei Jinxiu arrived at the park at nine in the morning.

When he arrived at the office, his assistant Tang Yuan had already gone through the documents submitted today, arranged the documents that Pei Jinxiu needed to see in person in order of importance, and placed them neatly on Pei Jinxiu's desk.

The office is located in the north and faces the sun. The sun is rising at this moment. A beam of sunlight passes through the window and falls into the room. It just falls on the edge of the desk, making it warm and bright.

There are diffuser crystals on the table. The scent of grass and trees is fresh and light. It blends with the aroma of tea rising from the side. It is elegant and sweet, very suitable for the early spring.

Reaching out to pick up the tea cup, Pei Jinxiu took a sip of tea, and then looked at today's itinerary while listening to Tang Yuan's work report.

I don't have a lot of schedule today. I have a department meeting at ten o'clock, and I'm going to the branch office for an inspection at three o'clock in the afternoon.

Tang Yuan finished his report quickly and concisely. Pei Jinxiu nodded and explained a few key points.

Sharing the laptop, Tang Yuan paused, and then said: "Ji Tongming really resigned and went to Dongyang Securities, taking away several leaders and traders of his trading groups."

Ji Tongming is the senior managing director of the fixed income strategy department of Hongyuan Securities and one of the company's senior managers. He has worked at Hongyuan Securities for sixteen years.

Hongyuan Securities was officially acquired by Shenming Group six years ago. Ji Tongming did not agree with the acquisition at the beginning. It's just that he didn't hold much equity in his hands, and he was far from powerful enough to control the board of directors and shareholders' meetings. The acquisition was ultimately passed with an overwhelming vote.

Although he did not hold a large shareholding, Ji Tongming's influence within Hongyuan Securities was deeply entrenched at that time. He basically recruited people in the trading department, and those who stayed in the company were naturally his carefully selected confidants.

In the confrontation between the company's top executives, Ji Tongming and Deng Jin, the general manager of the investment banking department, were at odds with each other. They were very wary of each other, scheming against each other from time to time, and sometimes even disregarding the impact on the company's interests.

Out of subtle interest considerations, the previous chairman of Hongyuan Securities had a laissez-faire attitude towards the dispute between the two factions. He may be aiming to check and balance the two factions so as not to overwhelm the master with his own merits. Sometimes he beats one and sometimes warns the other. However, he ignores the importance of collaboration between the whole company, so that the cracks within Hongyuan Securities become deeper and deeper. It is like a cancer that has reached its final stage and has spread throughout the company, making it difficult to completely eradicate.

After Pei Jinxiu suddenly became the CEO of the group, Ji Tongming became even more critical. He was not only disrespectful, but also openly sarcastic in front of his subordinates. He often turned a blind eye to the orders issued by the headquarters, acted perfunctorily, and sometimes even violated them openly and secretly.

Of course Ji Tongming looked down on Pei Jinxiu, a kid in his twenties who had just graduated, a college student who had just stepped out of the academic ivory tower, a rookie with no life experience or market experience, what qualifications did he have to be such a big man? The leader of the group? What qualifications do he have to make him bow his head and obey his advice?