Chapter 23

Chi Xu has three thick photo albums, covering all stages from his birth to the present. One is a photo of you and your family, one is a record of your daily life, and the other is a collection of stage makeup for various events since childhood.

That night, Chi Xu lingered and refused to go back to his room.

He stayed in Pei Jinxiu's room and rambled on about the story behind each photo.

The album is beautifully packaged, with the location and date written behind each photo. Chi Xu in the photo always has a bright smile and is healed by the sunshine. No matter how you look at it, he is a child who grew up in love and care.

Pei Jinxiu's fingertips touched one of them. It was the first time Chi Xu skateboarded at the age of three. Although he was wearing all the protective gear, he accidentally fell and bruised his calf. The wound was broken and bloody, and the surrounding skin It was all bruised and looked very pitiful, but the person involved didn't seem to feel any pain, and there was still a smile on his young face.

On the other hand, Chi Wanyi, who was giving him the medicine, frowned and looked distressed.

The photo flipped over, and behind it was Chi Wanyi's clear and powerful handwriting, which read: Xuxu, mother hopes that you will always be like this, fearless and move forward :).

Pei Jinxiu inevitably thought of Pei Ling again.

In four days' time, on the fourth day of January, it will be Pei Ling's death anniversary.

Pei Jinxiu established a charity foundation for Pei Ling as early as high school. He carefully selected the person in charge and was absolutely loyal to him.

Even if he is gone, there will always be people who burn paper for Pei Ling on a regular basis year after year, and there will always be people who remember Pei Ling's name.

Flipping to the end of the album, I saw the photo taken just today: Chi Xu and Pei Jinxiu under the fireworks in the sky on New Year's Eve.

Both children are very photogenic, and Chi Wanyi's composition is also very particular. The photos are very atmospheric, and when people look at them, they can feel the happiness and beauty rushing towards them.

Chi Xu took a pen and handed it to Pei Jinxiu, asking Pei Jinxiu to write the location and date behind the photo. After writing, Chi Xu thought about it and said, "Write one more sentence, just: grow up quickly!"

Pei Jinxiu paused while writing, but in the end he did not write "grow up quickly", but instead wrote "grow up well" instead.

After finishing writing, he grabbed Chi Xu's arm and tapped the children's phone watch on Chi Xu's wrist: "It's almost one o'clock. I have to go out to play with Huo Lingyu and the others tomorrow. Can you still get up? Go to bed quickly ."

Chi Xu flopped down on the bed and even rolled around twice, saying pitifully, "But my bedroom is so cold."

Pei Jinxiu was unmoved: "Then turn on the air conditioner."

"It will be very dry, and your nose and throat will be sore the next day."

"Turn on the humidifier again."

"..." Chi Xu couldn't find a reason now, but he really didn't want to leave. He closed his eyes and tried to make a final struggle, "I'm so sleepy, I can't walk anymore, I'm going to fall asleep soon."

If someone else was stalking him and acting coquettishly, Pei Jinxiu might be disgusted and tell that person to go away with a black face, but after all, he was just a six-and-a-half-year-old child in front of him, and he was still... quite cute.