Chapter 89

Zhongyun Group's predicament seems to have come suddenly without warning, but in fact the fuse of the crisis has been quietly laid many years ago. It only takes a spark to explode.

And this time, the "spark" that caused Zhongyun Group to inevitably collapse was the real estate industry that Luo Baiyun had always been extremely fond of.

About three years ago, when Pei Jinxiu and Chi Xu were in the first grade of junior high school, Luo Baiyun bought a piece of land.

This land is located in Qinghe Town, Pingshan County, on the outskirts of Subei City, just on the border with Luojin City. It only takes 40 minutes from Qinghe Town to the center of Luojin City.

Not only does it have a superior geographical location, but in terms of Feng Shui, this land is protected by mountains and surrounded by tributaries of rivers. The terrain is flat and connected to the Zhouling Mountains. It is surrounded by mountains and rivers to gather energy and wealth, and it is like a natural cornucopia.

Therefore, Luo Baiyun was eyeing this land long before the official bidding and auction of the project.

After the fall of the Han family, the Fu family can no longer do whatever they want in Subei City with one hand covering the sky like in the original book. The Luo family, who is closely related to the Fu family, naturally no longer has the convenience of finding someone to open the back door to get projects.

The Qinghe project is not only a rose filled with alluring fragrance in Luo Baiyun's eyes, it also attracts countless entrepreneurs from all over the country.

It is conceivable that if Luo Baiyun participated in the auction through the normal process, he would have to pay a high price if he wanted to keep this rose for himself.

The real estate industry has a long investment cycle and high risks. If you invest less in the early stage, you will naturally earn more in the future.

This factor prompted Luo Baiyun to take risks.

He chose two paths, one was to bribe the relevant person in charge, and the other was to threaten potential competitors.

At that time, Pei Jinxiu, who was in the first grade of junior high school, received a curse letter.

The package had Pei Jinxiu's name written on it and was sent directly to Pei Jinxiu's home. In addition to a letter, the package also contained dead insect corpses, rotting flesh and blood, and stinky bones.

The letter contained some threats and intimidation written in scarlet and pungent animal blood. It was bloody and terrifying.

It was not stupid enough to make a request directly in the letter, but only vaguely hinted: Opening the envelope will result in a curse. If the Pei family dares to hinder it again, Pei Jinxiu will rot and get sores step by step like the things sent in the letter, and will be inexplicably destroyed. Insect-gnawing erosion appears.

When Pei Jinxiu opened the express delivery, Chi Xu sat next to him and was shocked.

Concern leads to chaos. Although the person being threatened is Pei Jinxiu, Chi Xu appears more anxious and panicked than Pei Jinxiu himself.

He was only in the first grade of junior high school at that time, not long after graduating from elementary school. He was far from as calm and strong as he is today, so he suddenly panicked.

Although 99% of the curse theory is false, even if there is only 1% uncertainty, Chi Xu is still afraid that Pei Jinxiu will really encounter those strange powers and chaos.

But soon, Chi Xu adjusted his mood and analyzed the potential suspects in an orderly manner.

Because the information was incomplete, Chi Xu was unable to lock in a specific target and could only give a rough range. However, he had made much progress compared to before.