vi) The Necklace

I tried to get Draco to agree to come with us to Hogsmeade but he wants to work on the cabinet. He has stopped eating and sleeping too. On most days he looks like he needs to sleep the whole day.

I am frustrated with how he won't listen to me but there is not much I can do exactly. I can't make him take food or sleep just because I want him to.

I sigh as I sit on down at breakfast. Blaise and Pansy have given up asking questions about Draco. The last time they did, I snapped at them. I felt kind of bad but didn't show it to them.

And with the start of October, I also need to hold quidditch practices. It just gives me lesser and lesser time with Draco. The first thing I did is make Blaise the vice-captain, then put Pucey back in the team in place of Theo and then hold seeker tryouts.

Of course no one has the kind of talent like me or Draco. But I have to do with what I have got. I choose one of the boys who turned up for tryouts. I have no intention of playing him, the only reason I even held tryouts is so that we don't end up like the Gryffindors.

"Is he going to come?" Pansy asks bringing me out of my thoughts.

"No." I answer shortly. They think I am mad at him when in reality I only act like it so that they stop asking questions.

"So what will we do?" Blaise asks attempting to change the subject.

"I think we should enter the Three Broomsticks first. I would really like to get a Butterbear." I answer.

"Alright." Pansy says without hesitation.

Filch is standing at the oak front doors as usual, checking off the names of people who have permission to go into Hogsmeade. The process took even longer than normal as Filch was triple checking everybody with his Secrecy Sensor.

"Isn't this too much?" Blaise whispers low enough that only the two of us can hear him.

Pansy just shrugs and I nod. Even if we have Dark things on us, we are taking it outside not bringing it in. He doesn't need to check us now.

Once we get past Filch, the walk down to Hogsmeade is peaceful. "Wish we can stay here all the time." Pansy says wistfully.

The air is cold and calming. I glance back at the castle wondering what Draco is doing. But I quickly shake that thought away. I want to enjoy myself and I will, I don't know for how long but for as long as I can.

Once we enter the Three Broomsticks, Blaise goes to order the Butterbears for us as Pansy and I grab a table. I notice Slughorn nearby and quickly say, "Pansy, sit beside me."

She hesitates for a second before sitting down. Blaise gives the two of us a confused look as he sets the Butterbears down and sits opposite me.

"What-?" He begins but never gets to finish the question.

Slughorn walks over and he shuts himself up quickly. "Wonderful to see you, Professor." I quickly say, taking his extended hand and shaking it.

"Listen, my girl." Slughorn says. "I am wondering if you are still game on joining my club."

"I would be delighted to join, sir." I say immediately.