vii) Champions

"Are you excited about what will happen?" Pansy asks me when I am reading a book in my dorm. I sigh. "Can you atleast let me read in peace?" I ask irritatedly.

Pansy huffs and gets in bed beside me. "What are you reading?" She asks me. I roll my eyes. Pansy is not going to let it go until I talk to her.

I close the book and turn in my bed to face her. "Alright go on." I say. Pansy looks excited that I agreed to talk. "Are you excited about what will happen?" She asks again.

I sigh. "I don't know if excited is the word I would use." I admit. "Vik is still more my brother than Harry ever has been. He has entered his name so...." I shrug.

Pansy rolls her eyes. "It's not as if he is going to die." She points out. I raise my eyebrows at her. "Pansy, people have died in this tournament before. How can we know this time won't be any different?" I ask her.

Pansy shrugs. "Because before this they didn't have Dumbledore. Now we do. He will never let anything happen to the participants." She replies.

I shrug. "Still." I say. Pansy considers me for a moment. "Come on you need to get to the Great Hall now." She says pulling me up by my hand.

"Wha.... We still have...." But Pansy doesn't let me finish and drags me down to the Great Hall. There a few students were gathering most of them from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

Pansy points at a group of Durmstrang students. "Go talk to your brother." She tells me and pushes me towards them. I turn my head towards her and raise my middle finger with a smirk.

I walk to the group Pansy had pointed. "Hello boys." I greet them. They turn to me and a few of them wink at me or blow me a kiss. I smile at them flirtily before Ivan stops them.

"Alright what do you want?" He asks me. "I don't think you are here to flirt with the boys of your old school." I smile at him as well and he raises an eyebrow. "Now I know something is up." He states making the boys and me laugh.

"Come on give Fiona a break." One of the boys say. I look over at him. "Thanks, Oleg." I say. "As always." He replies.

I turn back to Ivan. "Where's the idiot?" I ask him. Some of the boys who know laugh while others look curious. "Careful if he learns what you are saying he will have your head." Ivan warns.

I move my hand as if I am swatting a fly away. "I don't care. Where is he?" I ask again.

"Behind you." Vik replies from behind me. I roll my eyes while Ivan gives me a 'good luck' look. I turn around to a frowning Vik. "I believe you called me 'idiot'?" He asks.

"If you know why bother asking me?" I fire back and sit down at the Slytherin table. Vik sits down beside me. "I don't see your boyfriend." He tells me.

I blush slightly but hide it by punching his arm lightly. "I thought I told you to drop it." I say, my tone warning.

Vik raises his hands in defense. "Sorry." He says. "Where is your best friend?" He reframes his question.

I smirk approvingly. "That's better." I tell him. "And we are not attached by the hip." I remind him.

"He's the only other person here I know." He reminds me. I roll my eyes. "Whatever." I say. "Did you put your name in?" I ask.