xv) Godric's Hollow Part-2

Snape is looking around but I can't seem to move from here. Snape had warned me of not looking at the house but I couldn't help myself. I have a memory of this place. I remember what it looked like when my parents had brought me here but now one side is broken and I don't know what to feel.

I feel a lot of emotions at the same time. Happiness, sadness, loneliness, anger. I always thought that Draco would be with me when I come here for the first time but he isn't here and I am here because Voldemort has ordered me to come with Snape.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn my head to see it's Snape. He has a sad look in his eyes as he looks at the house too. "I took care of it. We need to go now."

I look back once before nodding. "Alright." I mutter my voice barely audible.

Snape firmly but gently takes my hand and leads me away from the village. I make up my mind to come back here everyday until they appear, starting from today.

Back in my room, Narcissa is already waiting for me. "I need your help." I say.

"What is it?" She asks without hesitating.

"I want to go back to Godric's Hollow everyday until they do show up." I tell her. "They will be walking into a trap without knowing. I can't let that happen."

She nods understandingly. "And you should help them." She says.

I smile a little. "Thank you." I hug her tightly. She hugs me back too, the hug feeling motherly.

When we pull away, I remember that she doesn't know that Draco proposed to me. I decide to tell her, knowing she will be happy. "Narcissa." I call and she turns around to me.

"Yes, Fiona?" She asks.

"There is something that you should know." I say talking the chain from around my neck. "On my birthday, Draco... he, well he..." I abandon trying to put it into words and just put the ring on my finger and show it to Narcissa.

She stares in shock at my hand for a few seconds before smiling widely and pulling me in another tight hug. I return it happily.

"I am happy." She mutters to me. "I already consider you as my daughter. Now you will be one."

It's nice to see that she still has hope when there is no hope of us marrying ever. I am supposed to die after all. But I still smile brightly at Narcissa.

"And you will be my mother too." I tell her.

——–·——–

I have been keeping watch on the way into Godric's Hollow everyday. Today is New Year's Eve and instead of celebrating at the ball in Malfoy Manor, I had retired with a bad case of headache and apparated here.

I pull the invisibility cloak over me once I see three figures apparate to the road. I step closer to see if it's the Golden Trio. But I am very surprised to see who they are.

I have no problem recognising Harry and Hermione. But what really startles me is the other boy who is wearing a black suit and has platinum blonde hair.

Draco is with Harry and Hermione. I don't know what is the most surprising part here. Draco being with them, or, they actually accepting Draco, or, Draco holding Hermione's hand.