vii) Quidditch

At the pitch everyone stands in front of me in a line with Draco beside me as he is the Vice Captain. I exchange a look with Draco seeing how many people turned up for tryouts.

"Anyone who doesn't know how to ride a broom will kindly make their way to the stands." I announce and all the first and second years go and sit down.

"Looks like they turned up because of you." Draco mutters to me. I roll my eyes. "You are going to keep a close eye on them." I tell him.

I then turn to those still gathered. "Anyone who wishes to try for the position of seeker will also go and sit down." I announce again. This time only two students go and sit down.

I look around. "Those who are still here, arange yourselves into three groups. In front of me, chasers. On my left, beaters. On my right, keepers."

Everyone shuffles until there is three groups. "Now, we will start the tryouts with chasers. Chasers, mount on my signal." I say loudly. "Get ready, Malfoy." I say lowly so only he can hear me. I blow my whistle and everyone rises.

Tryouts go on for the entire morning. By lunch, Draco and I manage to make a team about which both of us have doubts.

The new chasers are Blaise, Theo and Luke Davis, who is in his sixth year. The new beaters are Crabbe and Goyle, only because they can hit things hard. The new keeper is Richard Rosier, who is in his third year.

All of them are chosen only because they are the best choice amongst those present, except Blaise. He has got real talent atleast.

The three of us sit down at the table where Pansy is already waiting for us. "How did it go?" She asks brightly.

We all look at her as if she made a mistake and she gives us a confused look. "What?" She asks.

"Don't ask." Draco says in an irritated voice. "I don't get why Pucey had to get in an accident this year."

"It went well for me." Blaise says in a small voice which earns him a glare from both Draco and me.

"I will be surprised if we win the Cup." I say dejectedly.

"We are going down to the field tomorrow morning." Draco says in a voice which leaves no room for argument.

We all look at him. "Malfoy, the pitch is booked already."

Draco rolls his eyes. "By Gryffindors." He says. My eyebrows shoot up when I realise where he is going with this as a smirk forms on my face.

"What is going on?" Blaise asks.

"Gather the Slytherins and tell them we will be at the pitch before the Gryffindors get there." I tell Blaise.

"What are you two on about?" Pansy asks.

"If we can't win the match on the pitch we are sure winning on another field." Draco says.

"The mind." I finish for him. "They have a new keeper who is none other than Weasley. He will be nervous as hell already."

"We will make him more nervous." Draco finishes. We both realise what we just did and stare at each other. We finished each other's sentences and formed the same idea from hints given by the other.