viii) Next Morning

The next morning I wake up before anyone else. The sun has barely risen. It is a good thing that everyone is still asleep. I don't want to deal with questions yet.

I get up and quickly get ready heading down to the common room. I don't expect anyone to be there but to my surprise Draco is sitting there. He looks up as I enter.

I go and sit down beside him. "What are you doing up?" I ask him keeping my voice level.

He looks at me in a way I can't decipher. "I didn't want you to be alone." He answers. He opens his mouth as if to say something but decides against it.

I decide to ignore him and give a small grateful smile. I don't want to be alone but there is no one I trust except Draco and I can't wake him up at this hour.

"I will wrote letters to Remus and Sirius last night, explaining what happened." I inform Draco. "I am heading upto the owlery. Want to come?"

Draco nods immediately. "As if you have to ask." He tells me smiling slightly. We get up and I make sure I have my invisibility cloak with me. Draco notices it but doesn't say anything which is unusual.

As we are walking I nudge him slightly. "Are you worried I am going to die?" I ask him.

Draco scoffs. "If you die that easily, Potter, I will make sure your ghost has no peace." He replies, sarcasm evident in his voice.

I roll my eyes. "Even dead, I have no peace from you, Malfoy?" I ask sadly, a small smirk on my face.

We reach the owlery and I call Chocolate to me. "I still have a problem. I have got two letters which needs to be delivered." I tell Draco as I tie the letter to Sirius on Chocolate's leg.

Draco smirks at me and whistles and the largest owl I have ever seen comes and sits on his shoulder. "The Eurasian Eagle-Owl?" I ask surprised.

Draco nods. "As my father said, 'The very best'." Draco mimicks his father and I can't help but laugh.

"Your father doesn't sound like that." I tell him. Draco laughs as well. "Still it is the closest." He says. I look at his owl. "Why have I never seen him before?" I ask.

Draco shrugs and the owl hoots at him displeased before sitting on my shoulder. Thankfully Chocolate is already gone or the two owls would have had a fight. I take a treat and give it to the owl who takes it happily.

"Bloody traitor." Draco says looking at his owl. "And you have never seen her before because she is not allowed in the house." He explains.

I roll my eyes. "Sounds like Lucius Malfoy." I say. Draco nods. "It does." He agrees.

Draco then points to the owl. "Her name is Snow, which again my father hates, and you can use her."

"I don't know." I say unsure. "Remus really likes privacy. A big owl, like Snow, will draw too much attention to his hiding place."

Snow immediately takes flight and sits on one of the high up shelves. Draco rolls his eyes. "She has quite a temper." He informs me. I play-glare at him. "Should always start with that."

Draco shrugs. "No fun." He complains. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and we both turn to see who it is.

Harry and Hermione enter. I immediately hold Draco's arm. I don't trust him even though he discouraged me from the idea that Harry put my name in the goblet.