xvi) Tracker

After apparating back to the Manor, I wave my wand and quickly change into my bed clothes and get in bed after making sure the window is closed. Voldemort is furious and He can't learn that I was in Godric's Hollow.

I quickly push those thoughts away and think about Draco. I needed to see him once more and now that I have, I know that he is safe and okay. I close my eyes to that thought and drift off to sleep.

—–·——–

A loud banging noise startles me out of my sleep. The sun is just rising which means I slept without nightmares. The sound comes again and I decide to get up.

I wave my wand and change my clothes and fix my hair. Storing it up my sleeve, I walk downstairs. Voldemort is there and Lucius and Bellatrix are kneeling in front of Him. It is never a good sign.

"Fiona." Voldemort's clear voice cuts through the air and through Lucius and Bellatrix too, it seems. "How is your headache?"

I take a deep breath and make sure that I feel no emotions. I am scared but I can't let Voldemort see that. "It is gone now, my Lord." I reply.

Voldemort smiles evilly. "Do you know what happened last night?" He asks walking over to me. He looks down at me and I stare right back into His eyes.

"No, my Lord." I answer truthfully. The only reason I can do that is because I believe it. That is the first lesson in lying I had learned. Always believe the lie you are saying.

"Hmm." Voldemort ponders still searching my eyes. Lucius and Bellatrix are looking between the two of us, Lucius in curiosity and Bellatrix with eagerness. "After all how would you? You were sleeping last night."

He moves away and I look at the other two properly. Lucius' face shows signs of the party he hosted last night and Bellatrix still seems to be drunk and Voldemort had come here in one of his rages. I can see why He isn't pleased with them.

"You see, Fiona, Harry Potter was in Godric's Hallow and do you know who else was with him?" Voldemort's voice is amused and He sounds like we are playing a fun guessing game.

"Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley." I answer confidently.

"Why don't you tell her, Lucius?" Voldemort asks still sounding joyous but the fury evident in his voice.

Lucius flinches before forcing out the answer. "Hermione Granger and D...Draco Malfoy."

I stare at Lucius in shock before looking back up at Voldemort. "That sounds unbelievable." I begin. "It seems like I know nothing about them after all."

Voldemort hums again. "Do you know how they got away?" He asks again. I simply shake my head as answer. "They were able to get away because Bellatrix, here, was too drunk to answer when I called for her."

Of course he finds someone else to take the blame for his failure. But that isn't my concern. What worries me is what am I doing here. It is clear that He wants me here. It can't be to just tell me something like this.

"I would like for you to teach her a lesson." Voldemort continues, all happiness gone from His voice.

Bellatrix looks up at Voldemort who is standing beside her. "Please, my Lord, I won't do it again. My Lord, I promise-" She never gets to finish as Voldemort kicks her in the stomach.