xi) Malfoy Manor

It is Christmas Day. Draco and I have been helping around the house setting up for the party tonight. Sometimes sneaking off to get some rest while rest of the time working together.

Finally one hour before lunch we are done. As Draco and I walk towards our rooms I ask Draco, "How am I supposed to sit at another meal with your father?"

Draco laughs. "The rules haven't changed. Don't talk unless spoken to." Draco says. "And don't smile." He adds quickly. "I think you will be able to get through it."

I smirk at Draco. "Stay beside me and I will." I say teasingly. He smirks a little. "Look at who is the knight in shining armor after all." He says.

"My Prince Charming." I say mocking. "What does that mean?" He asks.

I sigh slightly. "Forgot you don't know much about muggles." I say. "Just it is a muggle thing."

"You can atleast tell me." He says. I think about it. "Alright after lunch come to my room. I will tell you."

"Alright." He says happily.

---·---

I am getting ready when there is a knock on my door. "Come in." I answer. I expect it to be Draco but Narcissa enters. I look around from doing my hair.

"Have you already chosen a dress?" She asks sweetly. Whenever Lucius Malfoy is not present she is the sweetest woman I have ever met.

I point to my bed. "I am thinking of wearing that." I say. She looks at the dress. "It is a nice one." She says. The dress is a black and white colour, so she won't hate it. "But I am hoping that you will wear this dress."

She lays down another dress beside mine. I get up and walk to her. It is a beautiful dress, there is no denying that. The design on it is impressive.

"I like it a lot

"I like it a lot." I say, smiling slightly.

"Then I take it you are wearing this?" She asks. I look up at her to see she is smiling. "Yes." I answer. She takes my hands and guides me to the chair in front of my mirror. "Then allow me to help you."

I am surprised by this gesture. I get that she is nice but I didn't expect it to this level. She must have sensed my confusion because she starts to explain herself.

"I have never seen my son this happy before. You make him happier and, dare I say, better too." While saying this she was smiling but now her face turns serious. "I always listened to what my husband said and never gave Draco the amount of love he needs. He is falling for you whether he knows it or not. And you for him."