vii) Hope

"Are the two of you sure about this?" Pansy asks as I give my invisibility cloak to Draco. Pansy and Blaise have finally managed to get us to agree to let them help.

I sigh at her question. "What's the worst that can happen?" I ask rhetorically. "I end up hurting Neville and all chances of helping them goes out the window." I shrug. "Why not?"

Pansy's mouth drops open and Draco raises his eyebrows. "But you won't hex him." Blaise says getting our attention. "That is why Draco will be there. If he hexes someone then the complete blame won't be on you."

"If I hex someone, they will trace it back to Fiona." Draco says. "We need to go now." I nod as he throws the cloak on and disappears from view.

"We will be waiting." Blaise says as I make my way to the door hoping Draco is with me.

When I reach the Lake, I look around to see Neville isn't here yet. I take a few stones and start to skip it over the water. I need to make sure it isn't suspicious.

"Are you alone?" Someone asks from behind me.

I turn my head to see it's Neville. I nod as I take in his bloody features. "What happened?" I ask quietly.

"Alecto Carrow." Neville replies casually as he comes to stand beside me and takes a few stones too. He starts skipping them and I resume doing it too. "Can I trust you?"

I consider my answer. "That is upto you. I cannot decide whether or not you can trust me."

Neville nods. "Then we need to have a chat where we don't keep secrets from each other."

I laugh wryly. "Ginny is standing behind that tree-" I point to the one behind me. "-and she had told you what I told her back in the train. That is the truth and you know that."

Neville stares at me for a few seconds before looking at the tree and nodding. I guess Ginny is looking around the tree, I don't turn around to confirm it.

A second later Ginny joins us. "You are perceptive." She states looking at me.

I shrug. "You need to be to survive."

Ginny shrugs too as she looks around. "Where's Malfoy?"

"Not here." I reply before Draco can do something stupid. "Did you think I was going to bring a Malfoy here?"

Ginny furrows her brows a little. "You two are practically attached at the hip. So yes, I think you will bring him here."

I smirk a little. "Nice perception but no, we are not attached at the hip." I sigh. "Enough chatting. Why did you want to talk to me?"

Neville looks at Ginny who nods. "We want your help." Neville says.

"With?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Protecting anyone necessary from the Carrows and Snape." Ginny answers.

I stay quiet thinking about what they said. "You mean I tell you who is going to get in trouble and then you go and help them and get in trouble yourself? No."

"I thought you said you actually love Harry." Ginny sounds outraged but doesn't shout considering the circumstances.

"And what do you think Harry would prefer? Me endangering the girl he loves or protecting her?" I ask.