xxi) Troubles

Finally it is time for the quidditch final. We are in the tent and listening to the stands filling up outside. I take a look at everyone's faces and see that they are nervous. Except Draco, none of them have any experience.

I turn to Draco. "If I take a hit like last time again, we are bound to lose." I mutter, my voice so low that even he has trouble hearing.

Draco rolls his eyes. 'Fiona, just talk in your head.' He says. Even I roll my eyes. 'And we will make sure that you are not hit. That was just the first match. The team has played three matches together after that and are perfect.'

I smile a little. 'Care to say that out loud?' I ask. 'It is perfect for the pre-match talk.'

Draco rolls his eyes but does as I say. After everyone is ready we walk back onto the pitch. We meet the Gryffindors in the middle.

"Ready to be put in the hospital again?" Johnson remarks.

I smirk. "Don't believe in your chances?" I retort.

Johnson glares at me as we mount our brooms. 'Looks like you have pissed Johnson off even before the game has started.' Draco says.

I fly near him and flip him off. No one notices luckily. Ginny and I keep circling the ground, searching for the snitch while I keep my ears open too. Somehow Ron has started to play very well. He is saving goals even though he has saved one or two in all the matches.

"Looks like your chasers are failing." Ginny remarks as she flies by me.

"Yours are doing no better." I retort. I am getting angry but I know better than to take it out on my players. So I keep searching for the snitch and taking some of my anger and frustration out on Draco who is continuously talking with me.

Neither of us care if it's illegal. As long as you don't get caught it's alright. And if I couldn't have taken my anger out on someone, it might have ended up as something bad.

'FIONA! BELOW YOU!' Draco suddenly shouts. I look down and see that it is the snitch.

I dive and so does Ginny. Draco doesn't say anything about the score so I am guessing I am in the clear. Both of our hands close around the snitch at the same time and it takes both of us a second to realise that I have the snitch.

I raise it victoriously in the air as I descend to the ground. Madam Hooch blows the whistle but everyone is so loud that it can't be heard. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are shouting their disapproval while Slytherin is cheering wildly.

The first person to greet me is Draco. He lifts me up and kisses me in front of everyone. I smile as I kiss him back.

Draco Malfoy

Fiona is carried around the pitch on the shoulders of Blaise and Davis. I laugh along with everyone but my eyes are fixed on Fiona.

I note her expression and features. She looks less stressed than she has in a long while. She even seems a lot happier. It has been a long time since I have seen her smiling and laughing like this.

Fiona looks around the field until her eyes fall on me. She gestures with her hand for me to join her. I don't waste a second and join her again as Blaise and Davis put her down.