xxvii) The Diadem

As Harry and I run through the castle, I glance outside to see McGonagall and the others putting up protection making a bubble around the castle. Under other circumstances, it would have been really beautiful.

"Harry! Fiona! Wait!" A voice calls and I turn to see Luna following us. "I need to talk to you both!"

"We are a bit preoccupied at the moment, Luna!" I shout back trying to sound polite while pushing through the crowd in the opposite direction and also making sure not to lose sight of Harry.

"You won't find anything where you are going!" Luna shouts. "You are wasting your time!"

This gets me to stop and turn around but Harry keeps climbing up the stairs. "Look we will talk later, okay, Luna?" Harry says.

"Harry, stop!" I order but he doesn't listen to me.

"Harry Potter! You will listen to me right now!" Luna yells causing Harry to stop amd turn around. I look at Luna impressed. "Don't you remember what Cho said about Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem? There's not a person alive who's seen it."

"That's kind of the problem, isn't it?" Harry says stupidly while my mind is working faster than I can process.

"So we talk to someone who's not alive." I say in realisation. Luna nods at me.

Harry comes down the stairs pausing to look outside. Luna and I turn too. The spells have reached the ground and all that remains is darkness.

"If you are to find her, you'll find her down there." Luna gestures to a hall when we are in a lower level of the castle.

"Aren't you coming?" Harry asks her.

Luna shakes her head. "No, I think it's best if you two talk to her alone. She's very sigh." She smiles at us once before walking back the way we came.

"After you." I tell Harry. He sends me a glare before starting to lead the way down the hallway. We reach a corner where a ghost, I recognise as the Grey Lady, is.

"You're the Grey Lady." Harry says. "The Ghost of Ravenclaw tower."

"I do not answer to that name." She says and starts to float away.

"Wait! He's sorry. I am sorry. You're name is Helena, right? Helena Ravenclaw, Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter."

She reforms a few feet away from us. "Are you friends with Luna?"

"Yes." Harry answers quickly. "She thought you might be able to help us."

She moves around a pillar so that she is behind us. "You seek my mother's diadem." She bores into my eyes accusingly so that I can't lie even if I want to.

"Yes, we do." I confirm.

She moves back behind the pillar. "Luna is kind unlike so many others. But she is wrong I cannot help you." And then she is gone. Her light travels through Harry and I making us stumble. We turn and follow her.

"Wait, please!" Harry calls after her and she reforms. "We want to destroy it."

Before she can answer, there is a loud sound. Harry climbs onto the railing while I lean over it. Spells are hitting the shield making orange cracks appear on it. We are running out of time.