xxiii) 'We Are Each Other's Strength'

I close my eyes to stop the tears from falling. I quickly get rid of the tears when I feel a familiar pair of arms wrap around me.

I open my eyes and gaze into the familiar grey eyes. Draco is looking at me with concern clear on his face. I grab his arm as he helps me sit up.

I hug Draco immediately. He doesn't say anything and keeps me in the hug as long as possible. I only pull away when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see it's Dumbledore.

"How are you?" He asks.

"Okay." I say looking around. Harry is unconscious on the ground and is surrounded by his friends. I notice Snape standing nearby.

"You should head back to Hogwarts before they bring out the prisoners." Dumbledore instructs.

I nod. "Prisoners?" Draco asks surprised. I glance at Dumbledore and he nods at me before moving away.

"We should go." I say. "I can explain everything later."

Draco hesitates for a second before starting to help me up. I am still weak from what happened. When I finally stand up, I realise we are too late. They are bringing out the prisoners. "Let's go, Draco." I say trying to pull him away.

But he doesn't move, watching them. "All of them are Death Eaters." He mutters.

I nod. And finally Lucius Malfoy walks by. Draco stares at him in disbelief. I keep my grip on Draco's arm. Lucius stares at us, first at Draco, then at me. He glares knives at me until he disappears from view.

"You didn't want me to see." Draco says in realisation.

"I didn't want you to find out like that." I correct him. "I wanted to explain the situation to you."

Draco stares at the spot his father disappeared. "Why was he glaring at you?" Draco asks.

"Because I fought against him with Harry and Sirius before..." My throat goes dry at the memory.

Draco looks at me again. He doesn't ask me anything as he looks around. Remus walks over to us. I let go of Draco and hug Remus.

I don't try to hold in the tears. I sob in Remus' chest as I feel Draco run a hand through my hair. "I am sorry." Remus whispers to me.

When I get myself in control, I pull away from Remus and wipe my face. "You both need to go now." Remus says softly.

We walk over to where Snape is. He looks at me with something like sympathy but I don't pay attention to it. I just want to get away from everything. Snape turns around and we follow him as he takes us back to Hogwarts.

"Drink this, Fiona." Snape orders in his monotonous voice.

"I don't want to." I say.

"It will help." He argues. Not feeling like arguing, I take the glass and drink it. I march out of the room and head to seventh floor.

In the Room of Requirement, Draco joins me soon enough. I am lying on the bed, my face buried in the pillow, crying and sobbing. Sirius' death hadn't hit me until now.