xvii) The Fall Of Albus Dumbledore

"I need to go and see Dumbledore. I will talk with you later." I tell Draco while leaving the last class of the day, or ever for us, it seems.

"I thought you said you won't talk with him ever." Draco says, his brows furrowed.

I shrug. "Snape told me to meet him, so I guess I am."

Draco sighs. "You know where to find me." He whispers looking around.

I nod and walk to the Astronomy Tower where Snape told me to be. "

As said, Dumbledore stands with his back to the stairs looking outside at the grounds as if for the last time. With a jolt, I remember that it is. Dumbledore turns around before I even announce my presence.

"Ms. Potter, thank you for meeting me one last time." He says. I step into the room properly.

"Last time?" I inquire.

"Snape has informed me that Voldemort has given today as the last day. Mr. Malfoy will have his chance to complete the task tonight after I return."

"And where are you going?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"To find a horcrux." Dumbledore answers. He knows it will get my attention. He said it on purpose. "Slytherin's locket."

I nod. "How will you destroy it?" I ask.

"Unfortunately Harry will have to figure that out himself." Dumbledore responds.

This makes me angry again. "So you create a situation and leave to Harry solve it. He will have no help. He won't ask for mine. After what will happen tonight, he won't ask for my help."

Dumbledore looks tired as he nods. "I know and I am sorry." I stare at him stunned. I didn't exactly expect him to apologise. "I am sorry for everything I did to you. I know it is a lot to ask you to forgive me but please consider it."

I stare at his face for a few moments before nodding and turning around. As I walk down the stairs, I pass Snape. He gives me a questioning look and in turn I give him a reassuring one.

I walk slowly because I know exactly what will happen tonight and I want to delay it as much as possible. I am not paying attention to who is in front of me and I bump into someone.

"Fuck! Sorry." I say before realising who I had bumped into. Harry stands in front of me, awkward and slightly afraid. "Harry." I breath.

We stare at one another for one second before we hug each other at the same time. Something about the hug is different. It's as if we both know that this might be the last time we can do this for a long time.

When we pull away, its clear that Harry is slightly startled. "I am sorry, Fiona, I really am." He says finally.

I nod. "I know and I am sorry for what I did."

"It's okay." Harry says. "Just know that I did mean it. I do love you."

I let a sad smile appear on my face. "Are you sure, Harry? There are things that might make you rethink that."

But he adamantly shakes his head. "There is nothing that can make me do that."

"I love you too, Harry. Remember that please."