xxv) Always

Draco makes his way to me, Narcissa close behind. As soon as he gets to me, Draco pulls me in a hug. Narcissa runs a hand through my hair.

Dumbledore is talking to Amos Diggory when I suddenly notice that Harry is nowhere to be seen. I pull away from the hug.

"I have to do a few things." I tell them. Draco nods but keeps a hold on my hand. I turn to Dumbledore and the other Professors. One look at them is enough to tell me that Moody is not here.

"Professors!" I yell to be heard. Snape and McGonagall immediately turn to me. "Harry and Moody are not here." I tell them.

They immediately inform Dumbledore. Dumbledore orders me to accompany Mr. Diggory to another room while he himself goes after Harry.

Draco and Narcissa come with me. Mr. Diggory is still crying over Cedric. "Mr. Diggory." I say softly. He looks up at me, his eyes red with crying. "I am not sure but there is a chance he is alive."

He sits up straighter. "How?" He asks, his voice slightly quivers. I explain to him what I did. "If there is a small chance I will take it."

I nod and raise my wand. Hoping that Cedric is alive I mutter the counter-curse. Cedric sits up in bed, gasping. Mr. Diggory immediately embraces his son tightly.

Cedric looks around and his eyes linger on me for a second. I know he heard everything that was said in the graveyard.

Without saying anything, Cedric embraces his father too. "Thank you." He says looking at me. I nod.

Madam Pomfrey enters and gasps seeing Cedric alive. But I am too busy with my thoughts to care about anything else. "Who did this?" Pomfrey asks, grabbing my wrist.

I snatch my wrist away from her. "It's nothing." I say. But Draco has seen it too. "Who did it?" He asks, clearly angry.

I bite my lower lip. My eyes meet Cedric's for a second. He nods. "Peter Pettigrew." I answer.

I can feel Draco tense beside me. "Who?" Narcissa asks. "What happened?"

I shake my head. "Not now." I say. I am not in the mindset to talk about what happened right now. Cedric answers for me.

"He took Fiona and Harry's blood to bring You-Know-Who back to life." He says bitterly. Narcissa stands up shocked while Draco holds my hand tighter. Mr. Diggory looks more nervous and frightened than before. I wait for Cedric to say the rest too but he doesn't.

Cedric looks around once. "Can I talk to Fiona alone?" He asks.

The three of them look at each other once and Narcissa and Mr. Diggory leaves. But Draco stays. "I am staying." He says.

I look at him. I look right below his eyes not being able to meet them. "For once, Draco, please leave." I say.

He furrows his brows. I never use please for anything. I think he will say something about it but doesn't and leaves. I walk over to Cedric's bed and sit down on the chair that Mr. Diggory had occupied previously.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask.

"I want to know why you joined him." He answers. "I know you wouldn't have done it unless you had a very good reason."