xv) The Exam

Our finals have started and they have been going splendidly for me. Today we have Ancient Runes and looking at Draco is making me nervous.

"Will you stop it?" I ask him irritatedly. "You're making me nervous."

Draco stops pacing around and sits down beside me. "Then what do you suggest I do?" He snaps at me.

I sigh and move closer to him. "Stop thinking about the exam." I suggest. He looks at the space between us. "How?" He asks, his voice low.

I smile and run my fingers down the side of his face. "Would you like to be distracted?" I ask, my voice low. Draco's breath hitches slightly. I chuckle. He seems to grow more nervous.

"You are making me more nervous." He says. I smile. "I thought I am supposed to distract you." I point out. I stop moving my fingers and cup his face. He leans into the touch.

"This is better." Draco mutters. "It is a good thing we are the only ones in the common room." I whisper. He opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

I crash my lips against his. He is startled but quickly starts to kiss me back. I move my hands and loop them around his neck. He moves his arms and wraps them around my back. Our lips move together, his cold lips against my hot ones.

We pull away at the same time, both of us breathing heavily. "How was that for a distraction?" I ask.

Draco shuts his eyes. "Really good." He answers. "I may want another one." He adds, a smirk on his face.

"Who says I will give you another one?" I ask, a matching smirk on my face. Draco leans closer. "I do." He whispers, his breath ghosting my skin. I have to repress a shudder. I look into his grey eyes.

I had just leaned in to kiss him again when the door to the common room opens and we jump apart. We look to see Pansy and Blaise enter. They look at the two of us then around the empty common room. Their eyes widen.

"Impeccable timing as always." I say, my voice calm and dripping in sarcasm.

"What would we do without their timings?" Draco asks, his voice also dripping in sarcasm.

"We didn't- We wouldn't have- We just-" They begin almost at the same time and their stuttering is irritating. I am feeling irritated ever since they walked in on almost kissing.

Draco has been glaring at them ever since they entered and now I join him. Usually my glares are a lot more helpful. They both shut up at our glares. I turn to Draco.

"Let's go." I say, standing up. Draco nods and stands up with me. He is radiating confidence, which I didn't expect.

As soon as we are outside, all confidence leaves Draco. He really knows how to put up a show in front of others. I take his hand and squeeze it.

"You will be able to do it." I tell him. Draco takes a deep breath. "How are you so good at everything?" He asks. I look over at him. "I'm not." I reply. "I only act like I am the best."

Draco shakes his head. "Maybe. But when it comes to it you are really the best." He says. I sigh. "Here in exams it is easy to be the best. All you have to do is memorise the books and pay attention in class." I reply.

"From when do you pay attention in class?" He asks. I roll my eyes. "You really have to joke now?" I ask, though I am smiling slightly. "If not now then when?" He asks. I shake my head.

We have reached the classroom and stop outside. No one has entered yet. "And besides I know half this stuff. I learned this in Drumstrang." I say. Draco shrugs. "Please explain that to my father when you are over for the summer." He says.

I had almost forgotten that Lucius Malfoy had asked me to spend the entire summer at Malfoy Manor. And after looking once at Draco I had accepted. I had also promised to spend every holiday there if Draco is present too. Which means I had spend the Easter Holidays there as well.

"I will." I promise.

The door to the classroom opens and we walk in. Our sitting is decided by the teacher. Of course Draco and I get separated. Draco has to share a table with Hermione. Both of their facial expressions making me want to laugh. I am paired with a Hufflepuff, I think is called Ernie Macmillan. His expression makes it clear he hates being beside me. I ignore him and focus on the paper.

After a long time, the exam finally ends. It was easier than I had expected it to be. Although I have serious doubts on how Draco did. As soon as we are allowed to Draco and Hermione get up from their seats, faster than anyone else. Looking at them, someone would think they have been shocked.

I try not to laugh as Draco walks over to me. Hermione seems to have wanted to come over as well but seeing Draco she walks in another direction. I ignore her for now and turn back to Draco.

"How did you do?" I ask. He is grinning widely which should be enough of an answer. "Better than what I had expected atleast." He answers. "You?"

"Well enough." I reply. Draco looks at me as if he doesn't believe me. "I won't be surprised if you get full marks in every paper." He replies. I roll my eyes. "That would be a bit too much for me too." I say.

We both stop walking when we see who are entering Hogwarts castle. "Is that-?" I begin in a low voice but Draco cuts me off.

"Minister of Magic, Coriolanus Fudge." He says, his voice low as well. "I don't think we should be seen." I mutter and Draco nods.

But before we can get away Fudge sees us. "Mr. Malfoy." He calls Draco. Draco grimaces slightly before making his way towards Fudge. I go with him.

"Minister." Draco greets. "How are you?" He asks then. "Good, good." Fudge answers. His eyes then fall on me. "And is the young lady with you?" He asks.

Draco turns his head towards me and nods slightly to tell me to introduce myself. "Fiona Potter, sir." I introduce myself.

Fudge's eyes immediately widen. "My, my. You are Harry Potter's twin?" He asks surprised.

I put on my most charming smile. "Yes, sir, I am." I reply. Fudge looks me up and down. It seems as if he is searching for something and when he looks back at my face, his eyes show disappointment. He must have been looking for my scar. Even if my shirt wasn't rolled only upto my elbows, he wouldn't have seen it since it is on the opposite side of my hand.

"Why are you here, sir?" Draco asks, taking Fudge's attention from me.

"Ah. Today is the execution of that deadly beast. I have come to personally oversee it." He answers. My eyes widen slightly on realising it is today. "It really is nasty business. But when you are the Minister of Magic you have to-"

I nod. "Yes. It really is nasty business." I say. "But we have to go to our next exam." I add.

Fudge nods. "Of course, of course. You can't miss out on your exams." He says, waving his hands to dismiss us.

Draco and I quickly make our way to the dungeons. "My father must have gone over the top." Draco says in a bitter tone. "I wish there was something we could do to make sure the hippogriff lives."

I look at him surprised. He has been hell beant on getting that hippogriff killed and now he wants to save it. What in Merlin's name is he thinking?

"It will make my father mad." Draco says bringing me out of my thoughts. I nod understanding what he is saying. "Though after making sure Potter and his friends believe that it is going to die." He adds.

I roll my eyes. There it is, exactly what was missing. "I was beginning to think you are not well." I say, smirking slightly.

Draco groans. "And you said I always make jokes." He retorts. I ignore his comment. "What do you propose we do?" I ask.

"For now, pass the practical of Defense Against the Dark Arts." Draco says. I shrug. "Not a problem for me. Though Remus won't give me extra marks even if I want him too." I add.

Draco sighs. "If you don't know I am not the best in DADA." Draco points out. I raise my eyebrows. "You are actually really good at it." I say. "And trust me when I say it, because it will be hard to hear me say something like this." I add. Draco smiles a little.

"If you say so." Draco says. I can tell I boosted his confidence a little. We quickly drop our bags in our dorm and head outside where Remus had instructed us to gather for the exam.

I look around in surprise. I haven't seen anything like this before. It looks like an obstacle course. First we have to wade across a lake with a Grindylow in it. Then cross a pothole containing Red Caps. Then cross a marsh while ignoring misleading directions from a Hinkypunk. And finally climb inside an old trunck and fight a boggart.

I look towards Draco. "What do you think?" I ask. He takes one last look around the obstacle course. "I don't know what to think." He replies. "But I know I can cross it all except-" His eyes linger on the trunck.

I take his hand and squeeze it. "Just remember what you see isn't real." I tell him. He nods taking a deep breath. "And you have dealt with it once, you can do it again."

He smiles a little. "Okay." He nods. We wait as others are called. Finally Remus calls, "Mr. Malfoy." Draco straightens up and takes a deep breath. "You got this." I whisper to him. He nods and heads off.