xiii) House-Elves and Truths

I quietly walk down the hallways. I have managed to give Draco the slip but I don't know for how long. I trust Dobby but not enough, so I decide to summon the only one I can.

"Kreacher." I call into thin air. Immediately with a 'Pop' Kreacher appears in front of me. I inherited him from Sirius. I know Harry did too but I have heard Kreacher talking. He prefers me over Harry.

"Mistress Fiona asked for Kreacher?" Kreacher asks.

I kneel down so I am at his level. "I have told you: Don't call me Mistress. It's only Fiona." Kreacher nods though I know he will call me that again. "Now tell me, has Harry asked you to do something?"

Kreacher looks around before gesturing for me to come closer. I do and he whispers in my ear, "Master Harry has sent Dobby to spy on Kreacher."

I look around once too. We can't talk freely if Dobby is here. "Apparate us to Draco's dorm. No one will be there now." I order Kreacher in a whisper.

He takes my hand and snaps his fingers. Immediately the familiar feeling of apparating and then we are in Draco's dorm. I quickly lock the door and cast a silencing charm.

"Tell me." I say sitting down on the bed and patting the spot next to me. Kreacher approaches hesitantly and when I pat the bed again, he sits down.

"Master Harry-" He says Harry's name with a sneer. "-has ordered Kreacher to trail Master Draco. Master Harry has set Dobby to keep an eye on Kreacher so that Kreacher cannot inform Master Draco of what Kreacher has to do."

"Harry didn't specify that you cannot tell me?" I clarify.

"No." Kreacher replies.

I think about the situation. If Dobby tells Harry that Kreacher has talked to me, Harry will make sure that Kreacher doesn't tell me anything too. But there are a few loopholes when there is more than one owner of the same house-elf.

"Kreacher, from now on you will listen first to my orders and then to Harry's. Is that clear?" I ask.

Kreacher nods vigorously. "Yes, Mis... Fiona."

I smirk a little. Good luck Harry in making sure that Kreacher doesn't say a word to me. "Now tell me, what have you learned about Draco."

——–·——–

"Where were you?" Draco asks as I enter the room of requirement.

"Talking to Kreacher." I answer. Draco raises his eyebrows at me. "Harry is using Kreacher to spy on you. I told Kreacher to always report to me first and then go to Harry. I will change the narrative to fit our needs."

Draco smirks at me. "And does that stop Potter from knowing anything?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Not completely. Dobby is trailing Kreacher because Harry asked him to. I need to talk with Dobby once. I just thought you should know."

Draco nods. "That is nice to know."

I watch for a while as he keeps muttering spells. Sighing I turn around and walk out of the room. I enter the nearest bathroom and lock the door.