iv) Ministry of Magic

"Why is it always us?" Draco asks as we meet up after getting ready.

I sigh. "Me because He has seen that I do everything better than most of the old ones. You because He has to make sure I remember what happens if I fail, at all times. So..." I shrug.

Draco sighs. "I think we should get going." He says as he walks over and opens the window.

I look at him once carefully. "We will be back at Hogwarts tomorrow." I say softly. "We won't have to do anything for Him for sometime then."

Draco looks over, a slight hopeful look in his eyes. "I think you should do all the talking."

With that Draco and I apparate to the Ministry of Magic. Inside everyone hurries on their own work. Draco and I walk towards the elevators and see Yaxley talking to someone.

We quietly walk over and I recognise the three people inside the elevator from my many visits to the Ministry. Draco and I exchange a look before we walk over to them.

"Morning, Yaxley." I say making Yaxley jump and turn around.

"Mo...Morning, Ms. Potter." Yaxley quickly recovers himself. "Mr. Malfoy."

"Has something happened, Yaxley?" Draco asks.

"Nothing much. Just telling Reg Cattermole to stop the raining in my office before I interrogate his wife." Yaxley stammers out.

After everything I don't blame him for being afraid of us. There are a few I have tortured more than others and Yaxley happens to be one of them. And he is afraid of Draco because of the same reason.

"Sounds good, Yaxley. Now I would rather use the elevator." Yaxley quickly moves out of the way and we get on. I don't miss the look of surprises on all the three of their faces.

"Everything going well, Mafalda?" I ask once the elevator starts moving.

"Yes, Fiona." Mafalda answers in a quivering voice.

Draco turns around to stare at her while my smirk grows wider realising exactly who it is. "From when do you call her by her name?" Draco asks with a sneer.

"Sorry." Mafalda says but this time her voice doesn't quiver.

I smirk as I turn around and lean against the elevator wall. "Mafalda's voice is squeaky and quivering... Hermione" This makes everyone in the elevator turn and stare at me.

"Of course." Draco grumbles turning back to the front. "I have to get stuck with them."

I roll my eyes before shifting my eyes to the next person. Reg Cattermole. I look him over carefully. "Reg is supposed to be scared today because his wife is a muggle born and will be tried today. His voice matches yours, so no need to worry there, Ron."

Draco rolls his eyes but doesn't turn around to face them. My eyes have been on the last person making sure that he doesn't do anything wrong. I turn to face him finally.

"Alfred Runcorn is someone who never talks except to those he sees as worthy. And his voice is deep. So don't talk. And if necessary then simply tilt your head. I will give you an hour to do whatever you want and then I am informing them that you are imposters-" Draco raises an eyebrow at me before looking back out again. "-by which time I want you gone."