i) The Meeting

We are sitting around a large table with Voldemort at the head. We are on His right side, with Bellatrix being nearest to Him. After her are Lucius and Narcissa and then Draco and me. A chair is still empty and the only one absent is Snape.

A woman hangs over the table. I recognise her as the Muggle Studies Professor of Hogwarts. I swallow thinking about what will happen to her. Draco is showing no emotion. I am trying to do the same but it is hard.

I reach over and take his hand. His facade falters for a second before he puts it back on. He gives my hand a small squeeze and I make sure my face is emotionless.

Snape appears at the door and stops. He looks around once before Voldemort speaks. "Severus, I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come we've saved you a seat." Snape walks over and seats down. "You bring news, I trust?"

"It will happen Saturday next at nightfall." Snape says.

"My lord, I have heard differently." Yaxley says leaning forward slightly. All eyes turn to him. "Dawlish, the Auror has let slip that the Potter boy won't be moved until the 30th of this month, the day before he turns 17."

"This is a false trail." Snape simply corrects. "The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the Ministry."

"They got that right then." The Death Eater on my immediate right says causing a ripple laughter which neither Draco nor I participate in.

"What say you, Pius?" Voldemort asks the man at the other head of the table, Pius Thicknesse. I know Nagini is there too.

"One hears many things, my lord." Pius says. "Whether the truth is among them is not clear.

Voldemort lets out a small laugh. "Spoken like a true politician. You will, I think, prove most useful, Pius." Pius smiles softly. Voldemort diverts his attention back to Snape. "Where will he be taken, the boy?"

"To a safe house." Snape replies. "Most likely to the home of someone in the Order. It's been given every manner of protection possible. Once there it will be impractical to attack him."

"Hmm." Bellatrix clears her throat getting everyone's attention. "My lord, I will like to volunteer myself for this task. I want to kill the boy."

Screaming is heard coming from the dungeon and I can tell Draco has to try hard to not flinch. "Wormtail! Have I not spoken to you about keeping our guest quiet?"

"Yes, my lord." He answers hesitantly. "Right away, my lord." He quickly exits the room. I try not to look at him as I know I won't be able to stop myself from killing him. I notice Draco's eyes drift up to where the Professor hangs.

"As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter." Bellatrix quickly leans back in her chair and I feel my hand become sweaty. Draco gives my hand a squeeze and I keep trying to maintain an emotionless facade which is proving more and more difficult.

"But I face an unfortunate complication." Voldemort gets up from his seat. "That my wand and Potter's share the same core. They are in some ways twins." I swallow. It is also true with my wand. I have the same core as their wands do. "We can wound but not fatally harm one another."