xvii) 'To You'

It takes Draco another day before he can get out of bed. I take almost all his weight, he is still too weak to walk by himself. I help him do whatever he needs.

By his request, I haven't yet told Narcissa. He wants to tell her after he has cleaned up. I have cleaned myself up as well. I look more like me now.

When we both had missed the Christmas Ball, Narcissa and Lucius had a hard time keeping Pansy and Blaise away from us. They had kept asking about us everyday and I have thought about letting them in on a part of the secret. I have to talk to Draco about this.

He has insisted on showering by himself, so I have left him in the bathroom alone and am sitting on his bed. When the door opens, I look up to see it's Narcissa. She stares at the empty bed, then at me and then back again.

"Where's-?" She begins but I cut her off, pointing towards the bathroom.

"He regained consciousness last night." I tell her while simultaneously informing Draco that Narcissa is here. "He wanted to tell you after he had cleaned up." I continue telling Narcissa.

'Fuck, what is she doing here?' I hear Draco's reply. I glance towards the bathroom door, smiling a little. Atleast he sounds like himself.

Narcissa sits down on the bed beside me. "How are you feeling?" She asks me.

I am taken aback by the question. "Me?" I ask. She nods. I consider what I should say. "Good." I tell her.

'Ouch!' Draco says in his mind again. Yeah! He's back to being himself. Either he is very good at acting or he is actually getting over what happened.

Narcissa raises her eyebrows at me. "I know you are wondering why I care." Narcissa places a hand on my cheek turning my face to look at her. "Because I love you, as well." She glances towards the bathroom too. The sound of shower running can be heard but I know Draco is leaning against the door, listening to everything.

"And I also know that you blame yourself and no matter what Draco or I tell you, we won't be able to change your mind. Just try to forgive yourself. If not for yourself then for Draco. He blames himself too."

I wipe the tears that had fallen down my face. "I know Draco does. He blames himself because I joined Him to save Draco. But I can't make him understand that he doesn't need to-"

"See?" Narcissa asks stopping me. I give her a confused look. "You both have the same problem and justify why the other shouldn't blame themselves while you keep blaming yourselves."

I feel my lips turn up in a smile which disappears immediately. "I guess we are both doing that." I say thinking about what she said. Can we really forgive ourselves? It seems highly unlikely but I guess we can both try.

At the moment the bathroom door opens and Draco steps out. His eyes are red, showing he heard everything perfectly. He glances at me once, before looking at Narcissa.

Narcissa gets up and hugs Draco, tears in both of their eyes. Looking at them, I fell like an outsider. I stand up and walk towards the door, or atleast try to.

Both Draco and Narcissa reaches out and grabs my hands. When I look at them, they pull me in the hug. I smile widely, feeling like I have a family for the first time ever.