xviii) Latest News

Draco Malfoy

"You still mad at him?" I ask Hermione. We are sitting outside the tent. I am supposed to keep guard and Hermione is here because she can't stand Weasley still.

"You weren't here when the fight happened." She sighs. "You won't understand my reasons."

"Maybe but I understand something else." I say. "I am sure what he said was wrong but right now that isn't something you should hold against him. No one knows how long any of us will live and you might regret not making things right with him later."

"I am just not the kind of person who accepts apologies so easily." Hermione admits.

"I figured." I mutter. A sudden loud sound is heard from inside and we whirl around.

"What's going on?" Hermione shouts.

"Nothing." Potter hastily replies earning an eye roll from me. We get up and walk inside the tent.

The first thing that catches my attention is the radio that Weasley is focused on. He is muttering something and tapping the radio with his wand again and again.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asks in an annoyed voice.

"Umm, it's kind of hard to explain and-" Weasley starts but I cut across him.

"He's actually doing something useful for once." I approach the radio and check it quickly. "There is a channel which gives the real news about what is going on and it is run by the Order."

"It is called Potterwatch and there are two leaders to the Order right now. Both of them have codenames but Bill didn't tell me what their real names are." Weasley picks up where I left off. "Only problem is it has a password and it changes every transmission. I am not very good at guessing it. Bill is."

"If you shut up for one second and let me think, I can be able to get it." I snap at him. Fiona and I had come up with the passwords and now all I have to do is choose the right one.

We talked about starting the Dumbledore family near Easter and since the time matches, I decide to try my luck there.

"Dumbledore." I mutter under my breath and tap the radio with my wand. It doesn't work. I take a deep breath and gathering courage mutter, "Albus."

This time it works and the radio cackles to life. I smile a little as the others look at me in wonder. But they all quickly turn their attention to the radio when a voice comes through.

"We apologise for our temporary absence from the airwaves, which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters."

"But that’s Lee Jordan!" Hermione says.

"I know!" Weasley beams. "Cool, eh?"

"Shut up." I say before turning my attention back to the radio. I need to know if Fiona is still okay.

"...now found ourselves another secure location." Lee is saying. "And I'm pleased to tell you that two of our regular contributors have joined me here this evening. Evening, boys!"

"Hi."

"Evening, River."

"River, that's Lee." Weasley explains. "They've all got code names, but you can usually tell-"