iii) Hope

The only reason I have not boarded the Hogwarts Express yet is because of Harry. I am supposed to wait for him. Draco is nearby with his father but I don't pay them any attention.

I finally notice Harry. Before I can make my way to them, my eyes land on his companions. Mrs. Weasley and Tonks are with him but what really makes me stop is a great black dog.

I roll my eyes before walking over to them. "Harry!" I call him. He turns around and his face breaks into a grin. As soon as I am near enough, he pulls me in a hug. I didn't expect it but I don't hesitate to hug him back.

One look at the other two tells me that they are tense. "How have you been, Fiona?" Tonks asks.

"Good." I reply. Harry looks surprised that we know each other but I squeeze his hand to keep him from asking questions.

I turn my attention to the dog who has started to rub his head on my knee. "Alright enough." I say laughing slightly. I rub his head and Sirius nuzzles his head into my hand.

"Why does it look like you have practice?" Harry asks.

"Because I do." I respond curtly. Thankfully before he can say anything else, Mrs. Weasley says, "Oh good. Here's Alastor with the luggage, look…"

A porter's cap pulled low over his mismatched eyes, Moody comes limping through the archway pushing a trolley loaded with their trunks.

"All okay." He mutters to Mrs Weasley and Tonks. "Don't think we were followed…"

Seconds later, Mr Weasley emerges on to the platform with Ron and Hermione. We have almost unloaded Moody's luggage trolley when Fred, George and Ginny turns up with Lupin.

"No trouble?" Moody growls.

"Nothing." Lupin says.

"I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore." Moody says. "That's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus."

I don't know what happened but I decide now is not a good time to ask. I knew about the measures they have taken to protect Harry. I am guessing it has something to do with that.

"Well, look after yourselves." Remus says, shaking hands all round. He reaches Harry and gives him a clap on the shoulder. "You too. Harry. Be careful."

Remus finally reaches me. "Nothing more to say." He says giving me a hug.

"You don't have to say anything." I tell him, hugging him too. Sirius raises his front legs on our arms and laughing Remus and I kneel down and bring Sirius into our hug too.

"And don't forget, all of you - careful what you put in writing. If in doubt, don't put it in a letter at all." I hear Moody say as I stand back up.

"It's been great meeting all of you." Tonks says, hugging Hermione, Ginny and me. "We'll see you soon, I expect."

A warning whistle sounds. The students still on the platform starts hurrying on to the train.

"Quick, quick." Mrs Weasley distractedly, hugging us at random and catching Harry twice. "Write… be good… if you've forgotten anything we'll send it on… on to the train, now, hurry…"