xxviii) Owner of the Elder Wand

"It's the snake." Harry says. "She's the last horcrux." Draco and I exchange a look. We already knew this. The real question is where is He?

Hermione closes her eyes before looking at Ron, the expression on her face clearly saying, 'How the hell are we supposed to do this?'

Ron leans down towards us, a grim expression on his face. "Look inside Him. Find out where He is. If we find Him, we find the snake. Then we can end this."

Draco looks at me questioningly. "But you haven't been inside His mind in the last three years." He says.

"I have to try." I tell him before leaning against the wall.

Draco nods understandingly. He gives my hand a squeeze as I close my eyes to enter Voldemort's mind.

A shack. A rowboat tied to the dock with rope. The snake. On the dock.

Lucius Malfoy. He has dark circles under his eyes. Signs of torture clear on his face. Trembling with fear. Voldemort is there too.

"My Lord, might it be less, uh... might it not be more prudent to call off the attack? Simply seek the twins yourself?" Lucius says.

"I do not need to seek the twins. Before the night is out, they will come to me. Do you understand?" Voldemort rounds on Lucius, slapping him on the face. "Look at me. How do you live with yourself?" The disgust I have for Lucius is clearly portrayed in Voldemort's voice.

"I don't know." Lucius' voice is barely over a whisper.

I scowl to myself. He's weak and pathetic. He would have dragged Draco down with him if I wasn't there. I don't even want to imagine what would have happened to Draco if I wasn't here.

"Go and find Severus. Bring him to me."

I blink clearing my head of the vision. Draco, Ron and Hermione are watching us closely. I glance at Harry but he isn't looking at me. I can only hope that he won't mention Lucius.

"The docks. Out near the greenhouse." I quickly say. We are on our feet in an instant and running to get there.

Hogwarts barely looks like Hogwarts anymore. Bodies litter the hallways and spells fly everywhere. I cast as many wandless spell as possible while running through the ongoing fight.

A part of me wants to stop and see the bodies. To check if they belong to anyone I care about. But there isn't time for that. I can't be distracted by that right now.

We run out the main entrance only for Harry to stop us. A spell flies by us and I quickly take care of the one who had casted it and then we continue on.

A giant swings his club. Spiders attack. Spells fly over our heads. Everything is a chaos and it's all I can do to make sure that Draco and I are safe.

A giant comes towards us and we duck behind a fallen pillar. We try to climb over the rubble but spiders come at us. Draco quickly drags me away to the side of the courtyard.

We run under the archways only to see a body lying on the ground with a werewolf over it. It is Greyback. I don't hesitate to raise my wand and blast him away from the body. It is Lavender Brown.