x) 'I Hate You'

Pansy is still over the moon about Blaise. Seeing her like this makes me wonder how Draco would have felt if I had told him that I love him. No matter how hard I try to push the thoughts away, they come back.

I still can't get how anyone can stay excited about something which has happened a few days ago. I never have been excited about something for more than twelve hours and that includes Draco saying he likes me too.

When we get down to the common room there is a large crowd gathered by the notice board. I push the others away and make my way to the front.

A large sign has been affixed to the Slytherin noticeboard, so large it covers everything else on it - the lists of secondhand spellbooks for sale, the regular reminders of school rules
from Argus Filch, the Quidditch team training timetable, the offers to barter certain Chocolate Frog Cards for others, the dates of the Hogsmeade weekends and the lost and found notices. The new sign is printed in large black letters and there is a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly
signature.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded. An organisation, society, team, group or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more
students.

Permission to reform may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).
No student organisation, society, team, group or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor

I read the notice carefully. "Does team mean quidditch team also?" Draco asks from beside mr. He startles me a little but I am able to keep my composure. I hadn't noticed him come here.

"I will ask her after class today." I inform him. "And as the Vice Captain, Malfoy, you will be there too."

Draco keeps his eyes fixed on the notice as he nods. I don't wait for anything else and walk away from there to eat something before my first class hoping to have some peace

Unfortunately my peace doesn't last long as Pansy and Blaise go off for class leaving me alone with Draco. "Can't we go and ask Umbridge now?" He asks hesitantly.

I sigh. It's better to get this over with now than later. "Yeah, sure." I say getting up and gathering my things. Draco does the same and together we head to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

As soon as we knock a sickly sweet voice answers from inside. The voice makes me want to be sick and from the look on Draco's face, he is feeling the same thing.

I let Draco go first as he opens the door. Inside the room Umbridge is sitting alone. "How may I help you?" She asks.

Draco looks at me expectantly. I step forward knowing he won't. "We were hoping to get permission to reform the Slytherin quidditch team, Professor." I say.