xxvi) The Cup

Harry Potter... Fiona Potter...

Harry stumbles into the floor as I feel strong arms steady me and pull me into a firm chest. I look up to see it's Draco.

Everyone is silent as they look around worriedly but I know the voice is simply in our heads. Thunder rumbles in the fake sky. A girl screams from the corner.

My head, which feels like it weighs a thousand tons, slowly turns in the direction of the screaming. I slowly stumble over to the girl. It is a younger Hufflepuff who is sitting on the floor with hands covering her ears.

"Shut the fuck up." I tell her annoyed.

Draco is beside me in a second, steering me away from the girl. "It won't help anyone." He whispers to me and I give him an exasperated look.

Another person starts screaming then another. I groan in annoyance as Draco keeps a firm hold on my hand not allowing me to go anywhere without him.

I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you might think that to fight is wise. But this is a folly. Give me the Potter twins. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me the Potter twins and I shall leave Hogwarts unharmed. Give me the Potter twins and you will be rewarded. You have one hour.

While Voldemort had been talking, Draco's hold on me has gotten only stronger. I look around the room to see everyone looking shaken. Everyone is looking at Harry and me as Draco puts a hand on my shoulder protectively challenging anyone to do something.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" A familiar shrill voice is heard. "Someone grab them!" Astoria Greengrass.

A sneer forms on my face but before I can retort, I am pushed behind Draco. He steps in front of me. "Always knew you are rubbish, Greengrass." Draco tells her calmly.

"Always knew you are too much of a coward to stay on the strong side." Astoria bristles. I place a hand on Draco's arm warningly.

Pansy and Blaise step forward and join Draco and me just as Hermione and Ron joins Harry and Ginny, who has also stood in front of Harry in the same manner as Draco.

Many other students from the Great Hall join us. The only Slytherins that do are the ones who were in the Room of Requirement. I share a sad look with Draco before turning to face the other Slytherins. But I don't get the chance to say something.

"Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" This is a voice that I didn't miss much. Argus Filch runs into the room carrying Mrs. Norris in his arms.

"They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" McGonagall exclaims.

Filch is taken aback. "Oh. Sorry, ma'am."

McGonagall steps down from the front of the room and makes her way over. "As it happens, Mr. Filch, you arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you to lead Ms. Greengrass and the rest of Slytherin house from the Hall."

"Exactly where it is I will be leading them to, ma'am?" Filch asks. I look at Draco and see the sad look on his face.

"The dungeons will do." McGonagall replies before looking at me. The decision of what will happen to the rest of Slytherin house rests on me.